• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD 242 Bow Cover (smoke)

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have a brand new bow cover (with snaps and hardware) that I purchased last year and never installed. The cover is still in plastic wrap sitting inside of the box it was shipped in. They go for up to $200 but the best price I've seen is from Yamaha Sports Plaza (where I purchased it) at $155 (Link below).

Yamaha Bow Cover

I am asking $100 and I pay shipping, but reasonable offers will be considered, if anyone is in the market.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do the snaps have to be installed/drilled?

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yes, you have to drill the snap bases. It is great for creating dry storage but I never got around to drilling all of those holes.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is a great addition for anyone considering a Bimini run or similar, as it prevents swamping the bow in rough seas. Basically, it works like an instant "closed bow" conversion.

--

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
This is a great addition for anyone considering a Bimini run or similar, as it prevents swamping the bow in rough seas. Basically, it works like an instant "closed bow" conversion.

--
That is what I originally purchased this cover for, after reading about it on a thread while preparing for Bimini. I still think it is a great idea, especially for people who spend more time in big deep water than I do.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had one during the 2017 crossing. Don’t expect to be dry, but it does help. On my next bimini run I am planing on doubling the snaps.

Once it gets wet it gets a bit sugy and the weight of the water pushes it down and it unsnaps. It does not make a cabin crusuier but it helps to keep most of the water of your boat.
For the record that crossing was nasty as we took a couple of waves over the windshield and over our heads.....

On more benefit of the bow cover is that it can temporally work as tent. My wife and I go to the lake and spend the weekend. We put the feeler cushions and sleep in there. Nice and cozy. It even keeps the dew out in the morning

Pointblank

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Our kids love playing under the bow cover—their own little fort on the water. It also extends the boating season a good bit as temps drop. Too bad yours won’t fit a 2014 or I’d pick it up as a spare. Great deal for someone!

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
bump. Any reasonable offer will likely be accepted.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length