• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242 Limited S Front Trailer Ladder

jayrodau

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Im in need of a bow trailer ladder. We trailer our boat to the lake and I usually leave work early to launch it. I am typically alone until the crew shows up. I need a better way to climb into the boat for backing it off trailer. I am climbing up on the wench and falling over into the boat since it's so tall. Anyone have any suggestions?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I found that the add-0n options were not for me. My 230 was more of a reach and when I got the 240, it was a big benefit that the winch cover was lower and allowed a more natural step from the tongue to the winch and then to the boat. I intended but never got around to, adding some hydroturf on top of that winch cover and the spot on the trailer tongue where I stepped.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like that welded on Step! I've done something similar to @Ronnie, I bought a adhesive backed traction pad at Bass Pro, and climb up on the winch and into the boat. Good luck with your search. Let us know what you end up with!