• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242 limted s e bimini

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys, im looking at picking up a 2018 Limited SE, I have major concerns about having this boat on my lake because it has a few low bridges and im not sure the boat will fit under them even with everything folded down. I plan on getting some real world measurements of the bridges this weekend but Im wondering if there is an aftermarket bimini available as opposed to the big cage that it comes with? The boat will be located on Lake Sinclair so if anyone has any real world experience with this boat on that Lake any input would be appreciated!

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can’t help you with your questions, but if you switch to a smaller Bimini there will be plenty of folks lined up to buy your E-Series Bimini.

I’d drive down to GA to swap you the Bimini from my LS if you want a smaller one :)

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can’t help you with your questions, but if you switch to a smaller Bimini there will be plenty of folks lined up to buy your E-Series Bimini.

I’d drive down to GA to swap you the Bimini from my LS if you want a smaller one :)
Haha, well I would hate to have to lose it but if I can't get under bridges I lose a lot of the lake

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hopefully you can make I work!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Yep I would be one of those guys lined up. I would even custom install 12v linear actuators to turn it into a power tower for him.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yep I would be one of those guys lined up. I would even custom install 12v linear actuators to turn it into a power tower for him.
Yeah, well I would do that too, but I would also make him a custom top out of baby seal fur to go along with it...

Last edited:

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Haha, well I would hate to have to lose it but if I can't get under bridges I lose a lot of the lake
I think you are seeing that the e series tower/bimini is a very desirable item, particularly in the south. Do everything you can to try and keep it. If you can’t the best way to change to a LS style is to just swap the whole tower with someone.

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hah, funny stuff guys, I might actually take you up on that actuator..looks like boat covers .com has a Bimini that I can clamp on to the tower...

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hah, funny stuff guys, I might actually take you up on that actuator..looks like boat covers .com has a Bimini that I can clamp on to the tower...
The e series tower is a bit different up top in order to support the bimini frame. The true easiest way again is to swap (you getting something out of it as well) with someone with the same color LS tower that you want. For instance mine is gray and probably would not go well with some colors. I would shy away from those clamp on biminis. Ask @Speedling about that.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
To be realistic, isn't the tower the real issue, as it is as tall as the Bimini when the Bimini is set in the lower position. If you can't fold it up and tip the tower down for your low bridges etc, the bimini size will be immaterial.

I do realize the trailing edge of the bimini when fully extended on these models looks to be slightly higher than the top of the tower, but it does have a lower position as well. You still have the height of the tower to deal with. Swapping a Bimini does not address that you are still tipping the tower.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
To be realistic, isn't the tower the real issue, as it is as tall as the Bimini when the Bimini is set in the lower position. If you can't fold it up and tip the tower down for your low bridges etc, the bimini size will be immaterial.

I do realize the trailing edge of the bimini when fully extended on these models looks to be slightly higher than the top of the tower, but it does have a lower position as well. You still have the height of the tower to deal with. Swapping a Bimini does not address that you are still tipping the tower.
But how do you drive an eseries with the cage folded on top of the tower? And even if you can what do you do with the crew? This would be one place where a LS or SX has an advantage. Will be a PIA no matter how you do it though as even an LS or SX would need the bimini stowed.

Hopefully some with an e series tower can chime in.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
The e series tower is a bit different up top in order to support the bimini frame. The true easiest way again is to swap (you getting something out of it as well) with someone with the same color LS tower that you want. For instance mine is gray and probably would not go well with some colors. I would shy away from those clamp on biminis. Ask @Speedling about that.
Yeah mine had allen screws that just pinched th poles on. I drilled and tapped it with some thread locker. Much better now!

Hilario Perez

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you would like to sell it I’ll be interested please put me first on the list.

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the feedback, I will take some measurements on Friday and see if even have enough room with the tower folded, no Bimini... I'm teetering on dropping the money on the 2018 limited se or just doing away with the tower and going brand new sx240. I don't NEED the tower but I like the higher trim level

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll do you a favor, my SX240 doesn't have a strange contraption on top. I'll swap you so that you won't have to deal with it anymore.

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll do you a favor, my SX240 doesn't have a strange contraption on top. I'll swap you so that you won't have to deal with it anymore.
How do you like your sx240? Any regrets?

Hilario Perez

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I do a lot of boating with two good friends of mine with 2 AR240 And the boats are exactly the same motor wise hallways cabin wise everything I like mines a lot but I like the Tower also because I’m gonna keep my eyes for a while so I’m trying to locate one.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went with 24' because we wanted the capacity to hold two families (which we have - 4 adults and 6 children). We don't do any water sports, so the tower wasn't a need. I do think the tower adds a bit of sportiness and provides a high mounting position for a VHF antenna.

Rivergal

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I also wish I could swap out the cage top on my 242SE for a Bimini top as my boatwell roof is low enough that I can’t lift my boat completely out of the water. Close to being completely out, but not 100%. It’s a tight fit and it’s a pain to have to try and level out the cage. Not that big of a deal to put the tower down - but the cage adds almost another foot to the top.

Attachments