• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242 LS Battery Tender

USN SCPO RET

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mounted the battery tender to a cutting board. Velcro back of the board to the port side wall in the battery compartment.

Waiting on plug to arrive to be able to hard wire the tender.

More to follow.

Attachments

h8bogez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NA
Did you find that the velcro held the board in place? Is there a heavy duty velcro you used?

h8bogez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NA
Hello USN...a follow up question. I have the ProMariner, cutting board and velcro. Thank you for the idea, this setup looks neat and tiddy with no screwing around (pun intended) in the fiber glass. Did you mess with the DVSR, cutting a wire to make it a smart tender? Or does the ProMariner know to charge both batteries correctly? Sorry, but I have investigated other threads and this DVSR wire cut mod has me confused.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,
Chris

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello USN...a follow up question. I have the ProMariner, cutting board and velcro. Thank you for the idea, this setup looks neat and tiddy with no screwing around (pun intended) in the fiber glass. Did you mess with the DVSR, cutting a wire to make it a smart tender? Or does the ProMariner know to charge both batteries correctly? Sorry, but I have investigated other threads and this DVSR wire cut mod has me confused.

Chris
I just put an on off switch on the litttle black ground wire coming off the DVSR. On when the batteries are on off when the charger is on. I always shut it off when I shut the batteries off and vise versa

USN SCPO RET

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Chris
Chris,

No sir, I did not mess with the DVSR. The charger is wired to each battery separately.

At the end of the day I secure the battery switches (off) and plug the charger into an outlet either at home or at the slip.

No issues to date.

h8bogez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NA
Good intel, thank you for your help!

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Chris,

No sir, I did not mess with the DVSR. The charger is wired to each battery separately.

At the end of the day I secure the battery switches (off) and plug the charger into an outlet either at home or at the slip.

No issues to date.
You need to isolate the DVSR somehow or it will be reading the charge I believe. Mine started flashing when I put my regular car battery charger on it before I did the on board charger and ground switch.