• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242 XE Port side storage.

thcobb1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am considering upgrading my AR210 to a 242XE. We surf a good bit and in my AR210 I have 1200 LBS plumbed in under the port side seat. I know the 2017s have hard tanks and I would want to add an additional bag under that seat. from the few pictures I can find it looks like a square bag could fit but I cannot tell. The local dealers don't have one in stock for me to look at.

So here is the request for help. Will someone with a 2017 post a few pictures of the 2017 port storage and send me some measurements.

Thanks in advance.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am considering upgrading my AR210 to a 242XE. We surf a good bit and in my AR210 I have 1200 LBS plumbed in under the port side seat. I know the 2017s have hard tanks and I would want to add an additional bag under that seat. from the few pictures I can find it looks like a square bag could fit but I cannot tell. The local dealers don't have one in stock for me to look at.

So here is the request for help. Will someone with a 2017 post a few pictures of the 2017 port storage and send me some measurements.

Thanks in advance.
I think it is only the 212X that is hard tanked.

thcobb1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just found a boat test video that showed a hard tank. So if someone with a 2017 242 X will confirm.

Bag would be much better. Can a larger bag fit? In my 210 I have an 800 lb fatsack and a ronix 400lb bag. I would think an 800lb bag would/should fit and fill out the space.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would like to know as well......... :D

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I just found a boat test video that showed a hard tank. So if someone with a 2017 242 X will confirm.

Bag would be much better. Can a larger bag fit? In my 210 I have an 800 lb fatsack and a ronix 400lb bag. I would think an 800lb bag would/should fit and fill out the space.
Only the 212X had hard tanks.

thcobb1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So is there an opportunity to upgrade the bag? how much if any extra space in that storage area? It is my understanding that the fill times can be adjusted.
How much more bag would fit?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So is there an opportunity to upgrade the bag? how much if any extra space in that storage area? It is my understanding that the fill times can be adjusted.
How much more bag would fit?
The fill times can't be adjusted. The bags are oversized from the factory and they don't fill to capacity.