• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242x 2016 speed control

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If we want to go 11mph to surf. We have to set preset to say 12.4. Is this the norm? We just are running in manual mode because of the inconsistency.

dietz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine is exact. (242XE)
If I want 11mph, I set 11.0
Very consistant.
If variable, I'd wonder if your GPS is not getting good signal. If constant offset, sounds like the GPS needs calibrated ?(if possible)

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine is the same way. I have to set faster to get the speed right.

Fozzy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My LSE has to be set 2 MPH faster to hit the target speed I need. This is after I changed the impellers to the High Altitude ones. Anyone else have this problem and are running the HA impellers?

Wartowne

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My brand new 2018 242 S e-series does the same thing. I have to set 3-5 mph faster to get the speed I want. Have found it’s dependent upon boat loading. Makes me wonder if the cruise control throttle has a narrow window of margin to adjust. Either it’s within the margin or not (weight wise).
Works perfect without the boat being loaded down for surfing. i.e. 1200 pounds of ballast or bodies. ‍♂

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
With speed control (drive control ) you can also adjust the mph setting while under way by taping the cruise + or - . Mine seems to be slightly off as well not a big deal just adjust it while underway . It does seem to be finicky if you don’t allow the ballast to set up based on what rider parameter is pre programmed . Has anyone else experienced this ? Does the e model have the drive control that locks into a set gps speed ? Or is it only the cruise control that locks into the rpm ? I tried pulling a wakeboarder on the rpm cruise and it varies to much in speed even using the cruise + or - it for wakeboarding as you set up to jump it’s really important to hold the mph within .5 mph