1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242x, I have a new detached garage, going to raise the header and park inside

Discussion in 'Yamaha AR240, SX240, 242 Limited / S / X/ E-Series' started by NORCAL-GAS, Nov 19, 2018.

1. NORCAL-GAS

NORCAL-GAS Active Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 2
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242X E-Series
    Boat Length:
    8FC7765C-393F-43A0-B3B6-2F7E0651D041.jpeg 362DBC53-2E0C-416B-B511-48E527AAF3D6.jpeg CDFA6B46-B870-4298-B55E-78A6E17A36EB.jpeg I’m posting this looking for creative ideas.
    I bought a new home to me. It has a 3 car attached garage for the cars and some toys. Detached is a 2.5 car garage. The current door is 9’. The ceiling inside is 11’. My goal is to park my 242x inside, hoping tower unfolded, but I’ll fold if I have to. I want the MAX clearance below the ceiling for my bimini. I am open to replacing my garage doors with a commercial door, swing out doors like a barn or carriage doors. I am willing to raise the header for the opening to be at the max height or even with the ceiling. Anyone do similar or any swing out door ideas? The garage is a good 25’+ long.

2. Betik

Betik Jetboaters Captain

Ratings:
    +2,795 / 46
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    if you have a 9 foot door you should be able to fit it with just lowering the tower. The amount of effort of lower and raising the tower for 5 years will be less than the amount of work needed to raise the door and ceiling. I am fairly positive that 11 feet will not be enough to slide in without touching anything. I think @swatski run some measurements for @MrMoose in the past and from what I recall 11 was not cutting it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BigAbe75

BigAbe75 Jet Boat Junkie

Ratings:
    +560 / 18
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    I’m not sure that’s correct. I thought I saw somewhere the 242X folded height is taller than 9’.

From the Yamaha app:
    A8019BD5-52F4-4730-B8EC-A7A2B2C31277.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Betik

Betik Jetboaters Captain

Ratings:
    +2,795 / 46
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    Okay so I remembered wrong then :(:arghh::arghh:

5. Julian

Julian Jetboaters Fleet Admiral Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +8,791 / 124
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242X E-Series
    Boat Length:
    We all also agreed that SOMETHING was wrong with those measurements! As it suggests that the tower is 11" (inches) tall....

But I agree...getting it in a 9' door might be a challenge even with the tower folded. I'll see if I can find the thread where someone measured it tower folded.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. NORCAL-GAS

NORCAL-GAS Active Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 2
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242X E-Series
    Boat Length:
    I appreciate the interest. We'll definitely know next week. I'll take pics. The measurements from yamaha leave something desired.

7. Julian

Julian Jetboaters Fleet Admiral Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +8,791 / 124
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242X E-Series
    Boat Length:
  8. BigAbe75

BigAbe75 Jet Boat Junkie

Ratings:
    +560 / 18
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    Shoot! I was sure hoping you’d find that it would fit under a 9’ door. Lol :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. NORCAL-GAS

NORCAL-GAS Active Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 2
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242X E-Series
    Boat Length:
    anyone have decent pics of a 242x with tower folded down? id like a few shots if possible.