• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242x Painted Tower

AndyWaWa

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi all,
I wanted to share something that I found useful regarding the painted tower -- I have a 2020 242x, and towards the middle of its first season, I was noticing the tower was looking a little chalky and not nearly as richly colored as when new. I wasn't sure is this was due to getting it detailed and wax residue left in the texture (powdercoat?), or if it was due to being used in salt-water, or something else.

All of my normal go-to's like hot sauce, boat juice, woody wax, dawn, etc made it look good while wet, but as soon as it dried, it went back to having a whitish haze.

So, the good news is I stumbled on something that seems to hold up (at least for a week or two at a clip): tire shine. My thinking was I needed something petroleum based that didn't dry quickly. Tire shine was my first shot, was planning on also trying WD-40, but the tire shine worked well enough to call it done.

Curious if anyone else has a similar issue and how they approached it -- if nothing better, maybe this can help you out....or if I am maybe ruining it without knowing?

Cheers,
Andy

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use mothers gold cleaner wax on my white powdercoated tower and it seems to get the chalky out and make it shine again. First application wasnt enough, i did it a week later with a second waxing and it looks like new