• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242x Yamaha swivel racks ?

BigAbe75

Jet Boat Junkie
Ratings
615 18
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The catalog calls them wakeboard racks. Do they hold surf boards as well? Or, the Zup board? My surf board is much thicker than a wake board (and thicker than some surf boards). My Zup and surf boards both fit in my krypt surf rack, so they are standard size.

Are all 4 slots the same size or mix/match?

@jcyamaharider

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Ratings
9,114 128 3
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My surf board fits in mine. There are two different size slots. Boat isnt here right now otherwise I'm measure it for you.

BigAbe75

Jet Boat Junkie
Ratings
615 18
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My surf board fits in mine. There are two different size slots. Boat isnt here right now otherwise I'm measure it for you.
Tks. So probably a wake board slot and a surf board slot then. Same configuration on both sides? So, with 3-4 surf boards, they probably won’t all fit on the racks... I’m guessing. ??

Or, does your surf board fit in the smaller slot?

I’ve got a whole sheet of questions for the dealer after watching every video I could find (several times) and digesting info today after the show yesterday.

Tks!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Ratings
9,114 128 3
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Tks. So probably a wake board slot and a surf board slot then. Same configuration on both sides? So, with 3-4 surf boards, they probably won’t all fit on the racks... I’m guessing. ??

Or, does your surf board fit in the smaller slot?

I’ve got a whole sheet of questions for the dealer after watching every video I could find (several times) and digesting info today after the show yesterday.

Tks!!
2 slots per side I'm pretty sure. One big, one small. Are you looking at a new model? If so, I thought I recall someone saying there were straps on the bimini to hold sups and surf boards??? Maybe I dreamed that though????

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Ratings
3,968 12
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yep, one wake board slot, one surf slot per side.

BigAbe75

Jet Boat Junkie
Ratings
615 18
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2 slots per side I'm pretty sure. One big, one small. Are you looking at a new model? If so, I thought I recall someone saying there were straps on the bimini to hold sups and surf boards??? Maybe I dreamed that though????
Well, I didn’t specifically look for that on the ‘19, but it didn’t jump out at me. Not sure how that would work, with that zippered sun roof.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Ratings
3,968 12
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah not sure about that. They have the solar panel integrated into the bimini and the large sunroof.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Ratings
9,114 128 3
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length