• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

243 VRX Computer Dying

revan415

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have a 2016 243 VRX, and the computer has started to behave oddly.
1. Freezes, no buttons will work. Sometimes re-starting the computer works.
2. Ski mode stops working - the buttons won't press, or they do, but it doesn't ever engage. meaning, when you push down on the handle, it never catches, or it just applies throttle without a launch or speed limit.

We had this issue some of last year, and we noticed the console was pretty hot. So we put a towel over it, and it seemed to help lessen the quantity of issues. We had it happen again last week, but the system wasn't hot that we could tell. Turning off and on had no impact. Batteries off and on had no effect.

Anyone know where to go? I just left a message with Chaparral customer service, and talked to my dealer about having someone look at it, but no one in their service department had seen these issues.

revan415

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Update: I got in touch with Chaparral. They said I had the touch2 model of the computer, and it had no updates and no way to get any. I had to bring the boat in and get some diagnostics run. Planning to do this...

They did say for those of you with Vipre2 model, there are updates available that fix many issues.

revan415

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Another Update: So, after talking with Chaparral many times, they are going to replace my computer screen and computer with the newest unit (currently in production), and update it under warranty. Very happy with the service from them!