• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252/255 FSH Storage Ideas

bttally

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What does everyone do for storage in the large head/center console storage area of their 252/255 FSH? How do you keep everything from crashing around and damaging the walls or electronics? Any ideas and pictures of your ideas are welcome.
Thanks!

Roger Vrooman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Following... Mine so far has been a dumping pit for stuff I don't want on deck... Anxious to see what the creative geniuses have put together...

vr
Rogman

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It's where the crew puts their 15 bags for a few hours to the island.

Don't have to overthink it. :cool:

All I need is a four pack of Guinness Draught, and I'm good to go.

Last edited:

Mule Angel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I see that this post is a little old. Any solution? I'm in the same situation.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The truth is most of us don't do anything special for the head compartment, besides possibly installing a head, holding batteries for the trolling motor, and using it as overflow storage for our crew.

You could always take it to a shipwright and get some suggestions on custom storage options. Bring lots of money. 😉

I've been watching Leo build the Tally Ho for several years now, and have thought of ideas for that compartment but unfortunately I do not have the skills to implement any of that!

Mule Angel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to put some thought into this. I'm not inclined to put a lot of money towards storage. It's nice to have, but definitely don't have to have.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’ve seen some folks get a hanging type of organizer.

I just use dry bags that have windows in them so it’s easy to find what you’re looking for. With just a little care stacking them you can get A LOT of stuff in the head compartment in these bags.

D0D3D13F-7B95-416E-B015-DCFFFAF2A788.png

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What does everyone do for storage in the large head/center console storage area of their 252/255 FSH? How do you keep everything from crashing around and damaging the walls or electronics? Any ideas and pictures of your ideas are welcome.
Thanks!
As you may have seen elsewhere on this forum, the forward shelf of that closet is sized exactly for a battery box to hold three batteries. I have three 100 Ah LiFePO4 batteries inside my box. The associated breakers, cutoffs, and chargers are mounted on HDPE bulkheads that I attached to the sides of the closet — all out of the way so that anything else in the closet won't be bumping into all that wiring.

On the sides of the doorway , I have mounted one of several fire extinguishers, as well as stainless shelves for holding cans of octane-boost (255 Sport E) and lube spray. Plus, I have a couple rubbery pockets to hold my Vesper Cortex radio handset and my trolling motor remote when not in use.

I've lined the floor with Dri-Dek, because that closet is anything but dry.

At the drain hole, I poured self-leveling epoxy right up to the level of the hole, so that water doesn't sit below the hole. In the attached photo, what looks like a pool of water is actually that clear epoxy (dry).

With all that done, I can use the closet as an "everything closet" without having to worry about the crucial stuff that I keep inside of it. The only thing I never throw in there are PFDs. I have separate PFD storage under my gunwales that's immediately accessible in case of an emergency.

Attachments

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Where did you get the battery box?
It's a Century Plastics GC2-4. (But when I bought it, it had the old model ID of GCQ-G.)

I bought it from All Battery Sales and Service. I just checked their website, and they no longer stock it. But a quick google search brings up several vendors, including one that's on Amazon Marketplace.

The box has the exact dimensions of the platform. The corners of the box are snug to the far corners of the platform.

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
As you may have seen elsewhere on this forum, the forward shelf of that closet is sized exactly for a battery box to hold three batteries. I have three 100 Ah LiFePO4 batteries inside my box. The associated breakers, cutoffs, and chargers are mounted on HDPE bulkheads that I attached to the sides of the closet — all out of the way so that anything else in the closet won't be bumping into all that wiring.

On the sides of the doorway , I have mounted one of several fire extinguishers, as well as stainless shelves for holding cans of octane-boost (255 Sport E) and lube spray. Plus, I have a couple rubbery pockets to hold my Vesper Cortex radio handset and my trolling motor remote when not in use.

I've lined the floor with Dri-Dek, because that closet is anything but dry.

At the drain hole, I poured self-leveling epoxy right up to the level of the hole, so that water doesn't sit below the hole. In the attached photo, what looks like a pool of water is actually that clear epoxy (dry).

With all that done, I can use the closet as an "everything closet" without having to worry about the crucial stuff that I keep inside of it. The only thing I never throw in there are PFDs. I have separate PFD storage under my gunwales that's immediately accessible in case of an emergency.
Do you have a pic of what the pfd storage looks like?

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Nice. Great idea.

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Those are fantastic, got a link to where you purchased by chance?
Thanks!

I ordered a bunch of cargo nets from Amazon of various sizes, and I kept these made by Trunknets, Inc — because they were the perfect fit and their quality was noticeably better than the other brands':

Envelope Style Trunk Cargo Net for KIA Soul

Unfortunately, the Trunknets-branded nets don't include the particular plastic mounts that I prefer, and the plastic mounts cost $10 for 4 if you buy them separately. It's actually cheaper to buy a pair of these smaller nets for $17 to get 8 of the mounts:

Frienda 2 Pieces Stretchable Small Cargo Net

And you can repurpose those smaller nets for another project. I mounted the smaller nets to the undersides of various hatches to ease access to smaller things like rags, extra t-shirts, etc. BTW, hatch undersides are one of the few places on a boat that don't get wet in a rainstorm, so a small cargo net is perfect for holding a couple lightweight microfiber towels for drying off. 😁 I also installed a small cargo net to the sloping "roof" of the footwell below the helm.

Since taking the photos above, I added a small hook between the two upper mounts of each net. With 2 or 4 PFDS in each net, I hook the top of the net (in the middle between the PFDs) to better hold the PFDs in place.

When I go fishing, I never use the under-gunwale rod holders. I use the T-top rocket launchers and the vertical mounts on the sides of the center console.

Also, I have an extendable fish-landing net that can still fit into the top slot of the under-gunwale rod holder even with all of the PFDs in the cargo nets.

Bumpski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks!

I ordered a bunch of cargo nets from Amazon of various sizes, and I kept these made by Trunknets, Inc — because they were the perfect fit and their quality was noticeably better than the other brands':

Envelope Style Trunk Cargo Net for KIA Soul

Unfortunately, the Trunknets-branded nets don't include the particular plastic mounts that I prefer, and the plastic mounts cost $10 for 4 if you buy them separately. It's actually cheaper to buy a pair of these smaller nets for $17 to get 8 of the mounts:

Frienda 2 Pieces Stretchable Small Cargo Net

And you can repurpose those smaller nets for another project. I mounted the smaller nets to the undersides of various hatches to ease access to smaller things like rags, extra t-shirts, etc. BTW, hatch undersides are one of the few places on a boat that don't get wet in a rainstorm, so a small cargo net is perfect for holding a couple lightweight microfiber towels for drying off. 😁 I also installed a small cargo net to the sloping "roof" of the footwell below the helm.

Since taking the photos above, I added a small hook between the two upper mounts of each net. With 2 or 4 PFDS in each net, I hook the top of the net (in the middle between the PFDs) to better hold the PFDs in place.

When I go fishing, I never use the under-gunwale rod holders. I use the T-top rocket launchers and the vertical mounts on the sides of the center console.

Also, I have an extendable fish-landing net that can still fit into the top slot of the under-gunwale rod holder even with all of the PFDs in the cargo nets.
How are those attached are they screwed in?
thanks

Noles187

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
bump how are they attached?

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
bump how are they attached?
The plastic "knobs" are screwed into the thin fiberglass wall with short stainless screws. The corners of the nets hook onto the knobs.

When I'm not using the nets, it takes seconds to unhook them and throw them into the port forward underseat locker.