• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252SD CONNEXT SCREEN

Dmiller2002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Anybody having issues with their screen randomly rebooting in the middle of operation?

lowd77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
No problems here.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Nothing here

blamphere

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
none here

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Check the connections on the back - might be just a loose plug.

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Anybody having issues with their screen randomly rebooting in the middle of operation?
Yes. Randomly. I have not really dialed in the exact logic behind the reboots. It does NOT seem like "a loose connection" (because I would ecpect to see this while bouncing around underway). I am keeping an eye on this, maybe a firmware upgrade will fix, or I will have the flash existing firmware to give it a fresh start.

Observations:
1. I think this has happened only while I am in single throttle 'no wake mode'.
2. I don't think it has happened while I have been in paddle mode.
3. I know it has never happened while I have been underway, single throttle, out of no wake.
4. I have always still had operational control of the boat while connext screen was rebooting. IE, power steering, throttle still work.
5. I once had this happen continuously while trying to connect b/t to my phone. It would try to connect, then the screen would reboot. I'd try to reconnect, and it would crash again.
6. My go to resolution has been to kill the battery switches, and start again.

Last edited:

Dmiller2002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Yes. Randomly. I have not really dialed in the exact logic behind the reboots. It does NOT seem like "a loose connection" (because I would ecpect to see this while bouncing around underway). I am keeping an eye on this, maybe a firmware upgrade will fix, or I will have the flash existing firmware to give it a fresh start.

Observations:
1. I think this has happened only while I am in single throttle 'no wake mode'.
2. I don't think it has happened while I have been in paddle mode.
3. I know it has never happened while I have been underway, single throttle, out of no wake.
4. I have always still had operational control of the boat while connext screen was rebooting. IE, power steering, throttle still work.
5. I once had this happen continuously while trying to connect b/t to my phone. It would try to connect, then the screen would reboot. I'd try to reconnect, and it would crash again.
6. My go to resolution has been to kill the battery switches, and start again.
Interesting. I agree in that it’s not a loose connection. I took mine to the dealer and of course they couldn’t get it to reboot. They checked all connections and decided to order a new head unit. This was back in April and it continues to be on back order like everything else.
my reboot is truly random and had occurred in all modes (single throttle, drive, float and engines off). It has alway come right back on but is a little concerning when you’re in the middle of the Gulf Stream relying on navigation. Fortunately, l’ve always maintained operational control as well.
We’ll, here’s to hoping that my new head unit resolves this issue. I’ll let you know.

Dmiller2002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Just received replacement screen. No more issues with rebooting.

wheaties82

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
2023 252SE. Having same issues. The system will reboot while in float mode, at random intervals, no warnings no error codes etc. We also had it reboot while we were underway doing about 25 miles an hour.

Is the fix to have the dealer order a new head unit or is there something else?

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
2023 252SE. Having same issues. The system will reboot while in float mode, at random intervals, no warnings no error codes etc. We also had it reboot while we were underway doing about 25 miles an hour.

Is the fix to have the dealer order a new head unit or is there something else?
Check all of your electrical connections to make sure you don't have a loose ground or other connection that could be causing the issue. It is not surprising to find loose nuts, bolts, etc. from the factory.

Check you battery connections, battery disconnect switch connections and wiring under / behind the helm to make sure all connections are tight, connectors are pushed together fully, etc.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Check all of your electrical connections to make sure you don't have a loose ground or other connection that could be causing the issue. It is not surprising to find loose nuts, bolts, etc. from the factory.

Check you battery connections, battery disconnect switch connections and wiring under / behind the helm to make sure all connections are tight, connectors are pushed together fully, etc.
Also the bus bars by the batteries.

While I have my own complaints about the Connext - OS reliability is not one.

Tanuez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
Just purchased a new 275SE. I now have 4 hours on it and the Connext screen reboots randomly. What I've noticed is that it will loose my Bluetooth connection, then while attempting to reconnect to b/t, the screen randomly reboots. This has happened 2 times now during my first 4 hours of use. When I take the boat in for the 10 service I will report this issue and will keep posted on their findings.