• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252SD ground wire

lowd77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Everything working on the boat without that connected?

lowd77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I'll go look at mine.... I know I don't have one of those hanging around in the engine compartment.

lowd77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
PXL_20210723_200312963.jpg
This is what mine looks like. The small wires are from the battery charger.

evanfreeman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Works is a relative term. It runs but I get a lot of battery warnings so I assume getting this connected properly will alleviate some of that…

lowd77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
PXL_20210723_201105521.jpg
Looking at the bottom ground bar. Left wire goes to top ground bar. Middle wire goes to negative terminal start battery. Right one goes up into the boat.

lowd77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I think that wire goes to the negative terminal on the start battery.

evanfreeman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
View attachment 157944
Looking at the bottom ground bar. Left wire goes to top ground bar. Middle wire goes to negative terminal start battery. Right one goes up into the boat.
Mine is reverse of that. My right goes to the boat, middle goes to top ground bar and the left is what is unconnected…something is not right

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think that wire goes to the negative terminal on the start battery.
I never saw a ground bus bar in any of the boats I crawled all over....I wonder if that is an add on. Bottom line is....both batteries should be connected to the bus bar with one big wire, and all the other ground cables should be connected to the bus bar. That setup is dumb. The only reason I can think of for all those negative post wires is if they aren't long enough to reach that ground bus bar.

To the OP, that cable really only needs to connect to the ground bus bar. If both batteries are connected to the ground bus bar, then all your grounds are linked (which is what you want).

lowd77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Mine is reverse of that. My right goes to the boat, middle goes to top ground bar and the left is what is unconnected…something is not right
Hook it to the negative terminal on the starter battery. Should be good to go after that. Doesn't really matter what order it's in. Ground is ground..

lowd77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
You are correct. I got the placement wrong. Left one on mine is connected to the battery.