• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252SD Please tell me the specs of the stock amp.

suncty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I know it as Wet Sounds HTX6.
The amp has a total of 6 channels as far as I know.
It has 6 speakers and 1 subwoofer.

The amp has 6 channels, how are they connected?
Is there a separate channel for the subwoofer?

If channels 5 and 6 are bridged and connected to the subwoofer, can you tell me how the rest of the speakers are connected?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I know it as Wet Sounds HTX6.
If channels 5 and 6 are bridged and connected to the subwoofer, can you tell me how the rest of the speakers are connected?
:Welcome:
Yamaha typically wires speakers in series in order to add more speakers to an amp or head unit. For instance, my 212 has 6 speakers stock but the head unit only has 4 channels and can not handle 2 ohm loads (no amplifier). So Yamaha wired the cockpit and stern in series, and the bow on their own channels so the head unit could drive them safely without damage. However that cuts the power to the cockpit and stern in half so it has poor output. I added a good 4-ch amp and re-wired my speakers directly from the amp which can wire in parallel for 2 ohm loads without issue. I also added 2 more speakers at the bucket seats for more volume while cruising, and wired them to the amp in parallel. Channels 1+2 drive the cockpit 4 speakers in parallel, and 3+4 drives the bow and stern in parallel. This way I can cut the bow/stern off if I'm not using them. Lower impedance ohms means more current can flow which means the amp works harder. Increasing the ohms allows an amp to work less hard so it doesn't damage it. Either way, series or parallel, both speakers will share the power output so if you parallel speakers with an amp rated 100w at 2 ohms, each speaker will get 50w.

1634172889184.png

As others have mentioned in these electronics threads, it might be better to replace the stock modified amp with a regular HTX6 which can then drive your system properly and to higher output levels.