• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252SE questions

ChrisTurbo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hey all,
Just picked up my new 252SE last weekend and noticed a couple things.
1. I had a bit of brake fluid leak out of the trailer tongue onto my driveway when I first parked it. I'm hoping it was only overfilled as I was sloped a little downhill. Anyone else ever have this problem?
2. I turned on both house and start batteries to fire up the radio and noticed I had no bass. Turned up the volume about halfway as to not upset the neighbors and there was no vibration coming from the cone of the factory 10" sub. I did check the 'zone control' to make sure the sub volume was all the way up. Any thoughts? Do the engines have to be running ..not sure if Yamaha shuts off the sub when there is no running charge to the batteries.
I'm sure I'll have more questions once I really start going thru this thing out on the water so I wanted to start my own thread. Any feedback is appreciated!

Attachments

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Hi Chris,
I recently had a similar issue with my system. When it was on the trailer, the entire system sounded terrible and the sub wasn’t working at all (All 4 batteries were fully charged). I spent a lot of time trouble shooting it with a friend. The sub wasn’t firing even after we connected it to amp ports that were pushing the 10” tower speakers. So, we came to the conclusion that the sub had died and I ordered a replacement.

Comes the weekend with its 90 degree weather and took the boat out to the lake. To my surprise (pleasant), the entire system was working perfectly, even when floating on the beach. This is the 1st season something like this happens. So, I am not sure what it could be.

In summary, I suggest running the boat first before investing a lot of time and money into trouble shooting / repairs / upgrades

Good luck and please let me know how it goes

Khalid

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey all,
1. I had a bit of brake fluid leak out of the trailer tongue onto my driveway when I first parked it. I'm hoping it was only overfilled as I was sloped a little downhill. Anyone else ever have this problem?
Mine dripped out a little bit, seems to have been overfilled. It doesn't do it anymore and i have checked the level several times.

Hurly23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hey all,
2. I turned on both house and start batteries to fire up the radio and noticed I had no bass. Turned up the volume about halfway as to not upset the neighbors and there was no vibration coming from the cone of the factory 10" sub. I did check the 'zone control' to make sure the sub volume was all the way up. Any thoughts? Do the engines have to be running ..not sure if Yamaha shuts off the sub when there is no running charge to the batteries.
I'm sure I'll have more questions once I really start going thru this thing out on the water so I wanted to start my own thread. Any feedback is appreciated!
SWEET BOAT!! :)

I am having the same issue with my stereo system on my 252SE since I bought it back in Oct. Sub doesnt work, and the speakers sound weak. Seems like theyre not getting powered by the amp for some reason. The Amp light is on, so I know it has power, but nothing from the sub, and the speakers sound like my old '91 Chevy Llumina speakers.

I have tried both on land, and on water with engines running....No dice.

The dealer said I can bring it in for my 10 hr, and they will figure it out. I think there is something wrong with the either the connections from the amp, or internal to the amp.

Let me know if yours works when you take it out to the water, or if you get it figured out.

Prasolot

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Same issue with my new 252sd - sub not working right from the beginning. Dealer called Yamaha to find out that there is an amplifier update needed and needs to be done by Wetsound. Dealer removed the amp and ship it to them for update. All process about 1 week long with reinstallation. Unfortunately right after I had problems with my batteries being discharged really fast. Dealer told me that they didn't found anything wrong but its fixed now🤔 Going to check this weekend...

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had the same symptoms with my factory stereo when I first got it - granted a 2019, so maybe a different Fusion head unit? No bass and crap sound (to my ears). The controls from the connext screen suck for setting up the system. I only use them at the helm for selecting source, dialing volume or choosing mp3 tracks from the usb key. The solution for me was to use the head unit controls from the swim platform to do the setup. Then I was able to dial in the sub, zone control, treble/bass, etc. from there. Head unit firmware can be updated from there as well. Has worked great since! Hopefully that solves at least some folks' initial experience. 👍

Prasolot

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
What sucks, there is no treble, bass... adjustments on the screen or swim platform for my boat, just source and zone control. I guess they eliminated it for some reason on 2021 models

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Plain and simple yamaha screw us with controlling the gains and sound output from the yamaha spec'ed ws amp. At least on the 2019 you had a eq sstting, not so on the 252, i ditch everything but the stock sub, and installed an all jl system. A cheaper route would be to ditch the stock amp and buy an amp to power your system that you can actually adjust, just remember your cockpit speaker and the bow are wired together, and your swimplatform speakers are on a separate ch.

Prasolot

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Did you get the speakers with led rings? Which JL system and what was a cost if you don't mind telling me? Audio definitely sucks so I'm planning to upgrade shortly

ugamarkj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Speakers on my 252SD are awful. Already had two speakers replaced under warranty. Now the entire left side crackles to the point where I just turn off the music entirely. Later the left side speakers just started buzzing with the volume completely off. Haven't even checked the sub, but wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work either.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Speakers on my 252SD are awful. Already had two speakers replaced under warranty. Now the entire left side crackles to the point where I just turn off the music entirely. Later the left side speakers just started buzzing with the volume completely off. Haven't even checked the sub, but wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work either.
I get tons of compliments on mine. Crazy how it is hit or miss.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Did you get the speakers with led rings? Which JL system and what was a cost if you don't mind telling me? Audio definitely sucks so I'm planning to upgrade shortly
2 × JL Audio M3-650X-S-Gm-i - M3 6.5" Marine Coaxial Speakers (pair) - LED Gunmetal Sport Grilles
$299pr

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I get tons of compliments on mine. Crazy how it is hit or miss.
how loud do you listen to your music? the sound comes out drowned with no real bass hi or mid, its middle of the road at most. Sorry just my 2 cents, i like to listen to different genres and like deep bass from my system, theres none on the stock system,

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I’ve had it a full blast, I’m a professional installer and the sub is extremely impressive. There is certainly no lack of bass across any genre. I have a feeling it’s an issue with the software on the amp. We saw this quite often with FCA Harmon Kardon systems. One sounds great, one sounds like a 70s stereo system with a single speaker.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I’ve had it a full blast, I’m a professional installer and the sub is extremely impressive. There is certainly no lack of bass across any genre. I have a feeling it’s an issue with the software on the amp. We saw this quite often with FCA Harmon Kardon systems. One sounds great, one sounds like a 70s stereo system with a single speaker.
lucky bro, my 2019 242 and 252se sucked both, yes there is a problem with the yamaha software and yamaha trying to control the way we listen to music

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Same issue with my new 252sd - sub not working right from the beginning. Dealer called Yamaha to find out that there is an amplifier update needed and needs to be done by Wetsound. Dealer removed the amp and ship it to them for update. All process about 1 week long with reinstallation. Unfortunately right after I had problems with my batteries being discharged really fast. Dealer told me that they didn't found anything wrong but its fixed now🤔 Going to check this weekend...
I just noticed the same as well. I got mine back in October, but I only used it a few times and I'm sure the sub has never worked. Calling my dealer today to see what they say.

ChrisTurbo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I just noticed the same as well. I got mine back in October, but I only used it a few times and I'm sure the sub has never worked. Calling my dealer today to see what they say.
Let me know what your dealer says ...mine just said they'll look at it next time I bring it in for service but that won't be for a while and I'd like for it to be fixed sooner rather than later.