• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255 FSH Sport E Boat Test

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I love watching those videos but I gotta ask you to not post them anymore...You are going to cost me serious money cuz I really love that boat 😂.

Cheers :winkingthumbsup"

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the boat as well and that is what I would upgrade to. Right now that it is out of reach.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had been waiting for the bt on this boat and I’m a bit disappointed in this review. Other tests that Capt’ Steve has done on say the 195 FSH and the 210, I thought were more detail orientated. There are a lot of features that I thought were kind of brushed over. This test, like a lot of other tests of Yamaha boats was done on Lake Altoona, and the conditions were glassy, but unlike other tests there was no crossing the camera boat wakes for a small demonstration of it’s new hull designed with bigger water in mind. This test was probably limited by the whole virus situation going on…

Perhaps there will be another test, but this time of the 252 FSH and some ocean waters.

JEFSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Just got back from offshore at Stuart yesterday. 3-5 foot chop and it was sloppy; not something I plan on fishing regularly but the boat handled it like a champ. Also went over dozens of little seaweed chunks and no issues with the engines. we were trolling 8 miles offshore and the waves were uncomfortable unless we were going downsea but honestly i can’t imagine any boat under 40 feet really enjoying the sea when we were out in the morning. Sadly didn’t take any videos; had an old sea captain with me and he was giving me pointers the whole time, which was awesome, but forgot to get my camera out.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just got back from offshore at Stuart yesterday. 3-5 foot chop and it was sloppy; not something I plan on fishing regularly but the boat handled it like a champ. Also went over dozens of little seaweed chunks and no issues with the engines. we were trolling 8 miles offshore and the waves were uncomfortable unless we were going downsea but honestly i can’t imagine any boat under 40 feet really enjoying the sea when we were out in the morning. Sadly didn’t take any videos; had an old sea captain with me and he was giving me pointers the whole time, which was awesome, but forgot to get my camera out.
Great write up!

Speaking of trolling… with the E drive system, can you infinitely adjust the amount of thrust at idle? Or does the throttle selector just go from neutral to TDE?

JEFSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Good question. Sadly, I wasn’t really paying too much attention; just going from 5-10 mph (mostly around 6 ) but i thought everything was very seamless.. for docking and trailering that’s what i do and the boat is awesome

J Pen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had been waiting for the bt on this boat and I’m a bit disappointed in this review. Other tests that Capt’ Steve has done on say the 195 FSH and the 210, I thought were more detail orientated. There are a lot of features that I thought were kind of brushed over. This test, like a lot of other tests of Yamaha boats was done on Lake Altoona, and the conditions were glassy, but unlike other tests there was no crossing the camera boat wakes for a small demonstration of it’s new hull designed with bigger water in mind. This test was probably limited by the whole virus situation going on…

Perhaps there will be another test, but this time of the 252 FSH and some ocean waters.
To help with your inquisition, I owned a 2018 212 limited S for about 5 years. I traded it in for a 2022 FSH 255 and I will tell you it is night and day. I was also skeptical because just visually inspecting the hull of the FSH255 it didn't look much different than the 212. But once in action, I am scratching my head on how they got the 255 so much better over and through waves. 2 foot waves created by the camera boat won't even move the 255, it will cut right through it. On the open seas I am still in the process in examining it but I have shared the spots with the commercial charters and my boat visually appear to be at least on par with those boats however this is just my visual perception. I am satisfied with the boat, I was afraid i was going to have to ultimately going to need to get a 27-30 foot and more expensive boat but I think the FSH 255 will work for me.