• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255 Open ID - Adding a second battery

BuckInNC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Kids spending a lot of time with engines off, anchored, just hacking around in the water and sand bars. Of course they have to have the sounds wide open. So I think I need to double up just in case. I plan to add a house battery and it looks to me like the Blue Sea Systems - Add a Battery - Dual Circuit System Model 7650 with the ACR is just the ticket in addition to another battery and a couple of additional cables.

I am hoping that someone out there has actually done this and can provide some pointers. Obviously going to have to add a panel as the new switch is much bigger than the on/off in the boat. I have a reasonable understanding about electronics and boat wiring. And the schematics from Blue Sea for 2 engines/2 batteries are pretty straightforward. But, I sure would appreciate any suggestions, ideas or whatever.

Thanks a lot. Now that Elsa cleared out it has been great boating in Southeast Coastal North Carolina.

BuckInNC

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That kit will work great for you. The only thing about this kit is that the switch is much bigger than the owm one. It can be done, but you may have to move some of the circuit breakers around to enlarge the hole for the new one.

BuckInNC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Thanks Mike. Not only is the switch quite a bit bigger than the one from the Scarab factory the kit also includes the ACR module that is about the same size as the larger switch. Here is the current panel.
Breaker SW Panel.jpg

The new switch is over an inch bigger all around and that would mean moving those breakers to the right. So I think I need to fab a subpanel for the pair. And need to figure the additional wire requirements. Hoping that someone has done this before to provide a few ideas that worked for them.

Always something.

BuckInNC

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks Mike. Not only is the switch quite a bit bigger than the one from the Scarab factory the kit also includes the ACR module that is about the same size as the larger switch. Here is the current panel.
View attachment 156876

The new switch is over an inch bigger all around and that would mean moving those breakers to the right. So I think I need to fab a subpanel for the pair. And need to figure the additional wire requirements. Hoping that someone has done this before to provide a few ideas that worked for them.

Always something.

BuckInNC
What did you come up with?

BuckInNC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Managed to finally find a part number for the Scarab switch panel: 025-5308. Received it about a month ago. Very easy to remove the old and in with the new. It contains all of the internal wiring and is VERY impressive. Contains the Blue Sea switch I was going to use as well as the VSR.

025-5308.jpg

Check with you Scarab dealer. Good luck

BuckInNC