• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255 trailer bunk distance

pltsman45

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Looking to source a trailer for a 255 does anyone know the distance between bunks on the factory scarab trailer? Purchasing one without a trailer and need to source one.

Thanks,
Nick

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ill measure tonight when i get home, but i can say, they are far apart on the back and almost touching in the front

pltsman45

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Ill measure tonight when i get home, but i can say, they are far apart on the back and almost touching in the front
Awesome thanks!

pltsman45

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Could you also check the approx. length from bow stop to the back of the trailer/bunks? I've been looking at a few different trailers that I thought might work since they have hauled around 24' boats but have a length of a little over 20' from bow stop to back of trailer/bunks. Just from pictures it looks like I would need at least 23' from bow stop to end of bunks? Could you confirm this? Really appreciate it!

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
172" long
Separation:
50" at the rear
16" at the front

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
260" from rear of bunks to center bolt of bow stop

pltsman45

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Awesome! Thanks a lot! That will help out a ton. Should I be considering anything else when looking at used trailers?

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ive never purchased one, but i imagine look at the tire wear, that will tell you if the axles are aligned, look for busted welds and corrosion

pltsman45

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Ive never purchased one, but i imagine look at the tire wear, that will tell you if the axles are aligned, look for busted welds and corrosion
Thanks this helps a lot!

pltsman45

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
What is the load capacity of the winch on the trailer for the 255? Found a trailer that has a 1900lb winch on it. Want to know if it closely matches what is on the actual trailer.

Thanks!

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie