• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

275SDX

Salty239

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Just took possession of the 2023 275 SDX today. Most impressive jetboat yet. Only cosmetic change noticeable outside of colors is Dining table is now strapped down in the port side under bench seating behind captain chair vs storage area on starboard side in front of driver seat. Makes it hard to store all cushions so I may rearrange them up in bow area. The DriveX is everything and more if you need to maneuver in tight areas and/or dock in less than favorable conditions. I know people complain about the price, but still in line or less than other boats in this class with a classier interior and options. If you can find one, worth the buy!

Attachments

Last edited:

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Are the buttons on the steering wheel related to the X system?

NoFla21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great looking boat!

Salty239

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Are the buttons on the steering wheel related to the X system?
Yes. They are related to the X system. Controls the lateral thrust to move sideways, hold to dock, and change the mode to move to paddles easier.

Salty239

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Great looking boat!
Thanks! We are enjoying it. People complain about increase in price but all boats are expensive. We find Yamaha so low maintenance and convenient if do need work, it’s worth it!

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I wish they would put some radio controls on the wheel. First world problems I guess. :)

tcallis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Wow, that’s a yacht.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Nice boat! I'm jealous!

I have a '22 275SD that I haven't even got into the water yet. Long story short I was on a waitlist at the marina in my community. I got a call late last July. Wanted to wait another year until I bought I new boat but I said screw it and took the slip.

I wanted a 275SD but I couldn't find one locally. The local dealer wouldn't even take my money for a deposit because delivery was so bad. Started looking around the country and found one 1500 miles away... the last 275SD to be delivered.

Then I saw the 275SDX and was a little bummed I pulled the trigger but was ok with it since there were guys with deposits waiting a year that had their orders cancelled for '22's. Of course the local dealer called me and said he could get me one of the early 275SDX.

Then hurricane Ian hit us head on and took out the marina and 5 months later the marina is still closed. The boat only has 1/2 hour on it from a dealer shake down cruise.

After seeing your 275SDX and everything that's happened the past 5 months, I wish I never found my 275SD and ordered the '23. Although I did save over $10K based on the price increase... so there is that silver lining.

Anyway..... enjoy it!

What part of Florida are you in? I noticed it on the registration since you don't have it listed in your profile.

Salty239

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Nice boat! I'm jealous!

I have a '22 275SD that I haven't even got into the water yet. Long story short I was on a waitlist at the marina in my community. I got a call late last July. Wanted to wait another year until I bought I new boat but I said screw it and took the slip.

I wanted a 275SD but I couldn't find one locally. The local dealer wouldn't even take my money for a deposit because delivery was so bad. Started looking around the country and found one 1500 miles away... the last 275SD to be delivered.

Then I saw the 275SDX and was a little bummed I pulled the trigger but was ok with it since there were guys with deposits waiting a year that had their orders cancelled for '22's. Of course the local dealer called me and said he could get me one of the early 275SDX.

Then hurricane Ian hit us head on and took out the marina and 5 months later the marina is still closed. The boat only has 1/2 hour on it from a dealer shake down cruise.

After seeing your 275SDX and everything that's happened the past 5 months, I wish I never found my 275SD and ordered the '23. Although I did save over $10K based on the price increase... so there is that silver lining.

Anyway..... enjoy it!

What part of Florida are you in? I noticed it on the registration since you don't have it listed in your profile.
No reason to be jealous! The paddle shifters are a key piece for control. We were looking at the 2022s and figured we didn’t have a chance at one of those so waited until 2023. We had opposite issue as you and was caught off guard. Went to get on waitlist and put down deposit and told us had one coming in the following week. We thought we would start looking for Marina slip after getting on waitlist but due to Ian, slips are hard to find right now. We ended up getting a spot but it was a crazy month. We are in Fort Myers and have been taking it down to the beach every weekend we have good weather. Sounds like we are near each other. This is our boat usually off Fort Myers Beach south of the pier when weather isn’t too windy.

Attachments

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
No reason to be jealous! The paddle shifters are a key piece for control. We were looking at the 2022s and figured we didn’t have a chance at one of those so waited until 2023. We had opposite issue as you and was caught off guard. Went to get on waitlist and put down deposit and told us had one coming in the following week. We thought we would start looking for Marina slip after getting on waitlist but due to Ian, slips are hard to find right now. We ended up getting a spot but it was a crazy month. We are in Fort Myers and have been taking it down to the beach every weekend we have good weather. Sounds like we are near each other. This is our boat usually off Fort Myers Beach south of the pier when weather isn’t too windy.

I'm in Cape Coral so we will have to meet up sometime.... once I can get the boat in the water.

I had a spot for it at Tarpon Point where I live and was scheduled to pay to have a lift put in but now I am thinking about rack storing it at MarineMax off MCGregor or at Walkers in Cape Coral. I'm on the waitlist at both places.

I won't get the boat in the water now until October at this point. We are leaving in May for a motorhome trip to Alaska and won't get back until September. I figure it's not worth paying for a slip when I am not around to use and won't be around during Hurricane season.el

We are usually in thesame area as you. We like to hit Sanibel near the lighthouse and Lovers Key. We were out with some friends down to Keewaydin Island between Naples and Marco a couple weeks ago. There was a lot of dead fish in the water 2 miles off the coast and down on the beach. I'm hoping this bout of red tide doesn't last as long as the one after Irma.

Now that I've seen a picture with your flags I'll know you when I see you!

Let me know how the boat does down in these waters. I've had two jet boats in the past and one was a Yamaha SX192 but I have never had one in these water. I am originally from PA and boated in rivers and lakes before I moved down here about 13 years ago.

We loved the layout of the 275SD and I agree it looks very sharp and has a great layout and is a classy looking boat all the way around. Flushing will be a pain but if I rack store it at MarineMax they flush it, wash it, put the cover on and will refuel it before they stow it. I can walk down to the marina at Tarpon Point in 5 minutes and MarineMax is 17-min drive but the value they provide for a few bucks more and not having to worry about a boat in the water if another hurricane hits really has me leaning towards MarineMax now.

Stay in touch!

Boat_1.jpegBoat_4.jpeg

Salty239

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I'm in Cape Coral so we will have to meet up sometime.... once I can get the boat in the water.

I had a spot for it at Tarpon Point where I live and was scheduled to pay to have a lift put in but now I am thinking about rack storing it at MarineMax off MCGregor or at Walkers in Cape Coral. I'm on the waitlist at both places.

I won't get the boat in the water now until October at this point. We are leaving in May for a motorhome trip to Alaska and won't get back until September. I figure it's not worth paying for a slip when I am not around to use and won't be around during Hurricane season.el

We are usually in thesame area as you. We like to hit Sanibel near the lighthouse and Lovers Key. We were out with some friends down to Keewaydin Island between Naples and Marco a couple weeks ago. There was a lot of dead fish in the water 2 miles off the coast and down on the beach. I'm hoping this bout of red tide doesn't last as long as the one after Irma.

Now that I've seen a picture with your flags I'll know you when I see you!

Let me know how the boat does down in these waters. I've had two jet boats in the past and one was a Yamaha SX192 but I have never had one in these water. I am originally from PA and boated in rivers and lakes before I moved down here about 13 years ago.

We loved the layout of the 275SD and I agree it looks very sharp and has a great layout and is a classy looking boat all the way around. Flushing will be a pain but if I rack store it at MarineMax they flush it, wash it, put the cover on and will refuel it before they stow it. I can walk down to the marina at Tarpon Point in 5 minutes and MarineMax is 17-min drive but the value they provide for a few bucks more and not having to worry about a boat in the water if another hurricane hits really has me leaning towards MarineMax now.

Stay in touch!

View attachment 195795View attachment 195796
Our boats are pretty much twins! That’s funny because we have our boat at MarineMax. We love it there and just a quick 30 minutes to Sanibel. We had boat out on Sunday and didn’t see a single dead fish so hopefully red tide has moved out. I hear it’s still bad further north. Hopefully we will see you out on the water in September. We already have 20 hours on ours. Also had previous boats up north on rivers and lakes a long time ago but this is our first jet boat. We love the ocean and got tired of traffic getting to and from beaches so decided this is a lot better for us. We have been here full time for 25 years. Live off mcgregor near colonial so MarineMax quick drive. They not only flush engines, but also put cover back on, etc. And dinner is always great at Deep Lagoon right there on the water when coming off the boat for the day. If a spot comes up, it’s worth it!

Shannon and Lonnie

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Our boats are pretty much twins! That’s funny because we have our boat at MarineMax. We love it there and just a quick 30 minutes to Sanibel. We had boat out on Sunday and didn’t see a single dead fish so hopefully red tide has moved out. I hear it’s still bad further north. Hopefully we will see you out on the water in September. We already have 20 hours on ours. Also had previous boats up north on rivers and lakes a long time ago but this is our first jet boat. We love the ocean and got tired of traffic getting to and from beaches so decided this is a lot better for us. We have been here full time for 25 years. Live off mcgregor near colonial so MarineMax quick drive. They not only flush engines, but also put cover back on, etc. And dinner is always great at Deep Lagoon right there on the water when coming off the boat for the day. If a spot comes up, it’s worth it!

Shannon and Lonnie
You are a helluva salesman...... SOLD!!!!

You just swung me to going the MarineMax route! I knew they flushed and put the cover on but I like they will also refuel it. And it is great they will flush the Yamaha Jet boats. When I stopped at the Boat House in Cape Coral to get on a waitlist they told me they would not do jet boats!!! MarineMax told me they have done them before so that was a plus.

We stop at Deep Lagoon now and then for Happy Hour, Lunch or Dinner so we like it there as well.

I was figuring it would be about 10 - 15 minutes longer to hit Sanibel from MarineMax vs Tarpon Point Marina so thanks for confirming.

When I originally signed with Tarpon Point, it was going to be $400/month. Then in September they said they were charing $3.75/ft for electric or $30 flat if you only needed to charge batteries. Because I had a lift I would have to pay $105/mo for my boat which is ridiculous!!!!

So that takes me within $95/mo of MarineMax. Plus I have to pay for the lift (almost $20K) and the marina gets to keep it if and when I leave, which was getting hard to swallow.

When I factor in all the service MarineMax provides and not having to shell out almost $20K for the lift, you just convinced me to give up walking to the marina and making the 17-minute drive.

Thanks for all the information... I appreciate it very, very much!!!

Chris & Karen

Salty239

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
You are a helluva salesman...... SOLD!!!!

You just swung me to going the MarineMax route! I knew they flushed and put the cover on but I like they will also refuel it. And it is great they will flush the Yamaha Jet boats. When I stopped at the Boat House in Cape Coral to get on a waitlist they told me they would not do jet boats!!! MarineMax told me they have done them before so that was a plus.

We stop at Deep Lagoon now and then for Happy Hour, Lunch or Dinner so we like it there as well.

I was figuring it would be about 10 - 15 minutes longer to hit Sanibel from MarineMax vs Tarpon Point Marina so thanks for confirming.

When I originally signed with Tarpon Point, it was going to be $400/month. Then in September they said they were charing $3.75/ft for electric or $30 flat if you only needed to charge batteries. Because I had a lift I would have to pay $105/mo for my boat which is ridiculous!!!!

So that takes me within $95/mo of MarineMax. Plus I have to pay for the lift (almost $20K) and the marina gets to keep it if and when I leave, which was getting hard to swallow.

When I factor in all the service MarineMax provides and not having to shell out almost $20K for the lift, you just convinced me to give up walking to the marina and making the 17-minute drive.

Thanks for all the information... I appreciate it very, very much!!!

Chris & Karen
20k for a lift you don’t own is rough! We started out at Sweetwater for a month because it’s the only place we could find available since we only had a week. They are going to continue to store our trailer for a small fee which is awesome. It’s great, but too far up river for us so moved the first chance we could down to MarineMax. We have been there over a month. We were on waitlist at Port Sanibel too, but happy at MarineMax and can avoid seasonal traffic anywhere near beaches. Port Sanibel just got power back a couple weeks ago and they are building a new large boat barn. They were cheaper than MarineMax last year when we looked into it and indoor storage. Their docks are still completely wrecked. MarineMax also has multiple forklifts and a new one coming in so no downtime in case one needs repairs. If you want an amazing tour, ask for Mark on a weekend. He sold us on the place. Have a fantastic trip to Alaska this summer!

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
20k for a lift you don’t own is rough! We started out at Sweetwater for a month because it’s the only place we could find available since we only had a week. They are going to continue to store our trailer for a small fee which is awesome. It’s great, but too far up river for us so moved the first chance we could down to MarineMax. We have been there over a month. We were on waitlist at Port Sanibel too, but happy at MarineMax and can avoid seasonal traffic anywhere near beaches. Port Sanibel just got power back a couple weeks ago and they are building a new large boat barn. They were cheaper than MarineMax last year when we looked into it and indoor storage. Their docks are still completely wrecked. MarineMax also has multiple forklifts and a new one coming in so no downtime in case one needs repairs. If you want an amazing tour, ask for Mark on a weekend. He sold us on the place. Have a fantastic trip to Alaska this summer!
Funny.... we stopped for lunch at the Lighthouse two weeks ago and I got on the waitlist at Port Sanibel too. I saw the new building they are building. It ill be nice. I saw on their website they were cheaper. But it takes 30 minutes for me to get there so that is a last resort.... especially this time of year with traffic.

Stay in touch and I will let you know when I get the boat stored and launched. It would be cool to hang out some time on the water. If you want to meet for lunch or dinner sometime before then, just let me know. My wife and I would be happy to meet you guys somewhere.

Salty239

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Funny.... we stopped for lunch at the Lighthouse two weeks ago and I got on the waitlist at Port Sanibel too. I saw the new building they are building. It ill be nice. I saw on their website they were cheaper. But it takes 30 minutes for me to get there so that is a last resort.... especially this time of year with traffic.

Stay in touch and I will let you know when I get the boat stored and launched. It would be cool to hang out some time on the water. If you want to meet for lunch or dinner sometime before then, just let me know. My wife and I would be happy to meet you guys somewhere.
Sounds good. Even if you don’t get yours in the water soon, you are welcome aboard ours and you can get a real look at MarineMax. We are planning to go to Sanibel and hang out off the beach or make a trip to cabbage key the next nice weekend we get. We have found winds over 10 knots can get a little bit choppy for this type of boat so this time of year is hit or miss. April-December is a lot better. We will keep in touch next time we head out. We would love to meet up for lunch or dinner sometime.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Sounds good. Even if you don’t get yours in the water soon, you are welcome aboard ours and you can get a real look at MarineMax. We are planning to go to Sanibel and hang out off the beach or make a trip to cabbage key the next nice weekend we get. We have found winds over 10 knots can get a little bit choppy for this type of boat so this time of year is hit or miss. April-December is a lot better. We will keep in touch next time we head out. We would love to meet up for lunch or dinner sometime.
Just sent you a PM.....

M5Law

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
For the 275sdx owners out there: do you guys have any issues with hard turns at a decent speed? Mine really struggles. Is it normal for the clean out ports to fill with water? I'm coming from a 222 and there was never any water in the clean outs on that boat. I have a couple other issues: it's taking on water from somewhere, dealer can't figure it out yet, starboard engine shakes and doesn't run as smoothly as the port engine. The boat is beautiful but I'm not impressed with the quality and performance so far.