• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2nd Bilge Pump Output

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone routed there 2nd bulge pump out the clean out tray drain?
I already put in a one way valve on that drain which has helped with the cleanout tubes from filling up but im thinking I just need to add a 2nd one way valve or 2 be be extra save to T into that line to make it work without flooding my bilge.

Im not feeling like drilling another hole for the output. Anyone else do this? if so any issues?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was going to do that myself.. but, the issue is the flow through the check valve. Long story short I ran mine out the side of the boat on the opposite side of the pissers from my OEM one. I blocked off the OEM clean out drain.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'd recommend to just bite the bullet and drill a hole in the side of the boat and dump it overboard. It's easier than you think, and pretty hard to screw up.
Its more of an issue of not wanting to fight to get a hose routed around the back of the livewell on my FSH as apposed to drilling a hole. The last time I routed through there was not fun. I'm at the point now of whats one more hole.. so drilling is a non issue.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Its more of an issue of not wanting to fight to get a hose routed around the back of the livewell on my FSH as apposed to drilling a hole. The last time I routed through there was not fun. I'm at the point now of whats one more hole.. so drilling is a non issue.
I tried really hard to make that clean out tray drain work, so much easier, but the flow rate on the check valves were very limiting. Even the T-H marine flapper style wouldnt flow enough gph to match the gph of the bilge pump. Now I was looking at pumping the water out through the lower part of the drain. I never really considered using the top part of the drain…maybe that would be an option for you, it’s kind of a win win really. You will get some backwash as the hose drains back down but that’s inconsequential at that point as you will have increased capacity and redundancy and you don’t have to run a new line (pita) and drill a hole in the boat.

I will tell you the discharge rate is lower with how I ran my hose over to the starboard side with the 750 gph than my stock 500 gph pump with its shorter run of hose. But I got my increased flow and increased redundancy.

Jcnadal7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone routed there 2nd bulge pump out the clean out tray drain?
I already put in a one way valve on that drain which has helped with the cleanout tubes from filling up but im thinking I just need to add a 2nd one way valve or 2 be be extra save to T into that line to make it work without flooding my bilge.

Im not feeling like drilling another hole for the output. Anyone else do this? if so any issues?

Did you find a solution?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length