• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

3 years. 3 boats.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
6 years ago I met a man named @DieselCamel . We'll just call him Dirk for short. Well, not just for short, that's his name. So, 6 years ago I met Dirk, which happens to coincide with the time I moved to NC.

So. 3 years ago Mr. Dirk buys a brand new boat. A 2012 Seadoo Challenger 210SE. Our mutual friend Kris also had a Seadoo. A 2011 Speedster. I had the privilege of partaking in a few boating weekends that summer thanks to them, which of course, got me back into boating after a 12 year hiatus.

Then, 2 years ago, I bought a 2007 Seadoo Challenger 180SE. Loved it, what a boat. Wasn't as nice as Dirk's, nor as fast as Kris's, but I was on the water. After a season with that, (and rebuilding the supercharger, and replacing the wear ring, and upgrading the impeller, etc...) I quickly realized it wasn't fast enough. Wasn't big enough. Didn't have enough storage. And holy shit was it not big enough nor had enough storage.

So, last year, with every intention of not missing the Bimini excursion, I sold the Doo and bought a 2011 242LS. Much WOW. Holy shit. What a boat. Spent a gazillion dollars modding and stuff. Most of the while thinking it was truly more boat than I really needed, but loving it nonetheless. Wasn't as fast as Dirks, but way more storage and handled big water much mo betta. And dam was Bimini a hoot. Yeah. Yamaha = win! Yay! So, at the end of the season, we picked up a '15 VXR ski too. Perfect.

But, it wasn't enough. You see. We bought the ski because another buddy had bought a new 2up Spark. The wife and I rode it and thought "holy cow, this is awesome, we need one". But, you see, we rolled his ski umpteen different times. Thinking it was just too small a ski, certainly the big ol' couch of a VXR would big fine for us. But it wasn't. We both wanted to drive. All the time. Selfish pricks we are. 4 months later, buh-bye VXR, hello FX HO Cruisers x 2. Yes, heaven we have arrived.

Now, at this point, we've sold the 242. Too much boat for us really, and don't need that monthly. But wait, we still need a boat. Shit. We have friends. We like beer. We need a boat. We need a big water boat! Ski the lakes, cruise the blue water! But wait. We just can't justify a six figure boat sitting in storage while we ride the skis 80% of the year. What to do, what to do.

Yes. Duh. This is easy.

-"Hey Dirk".
-"sup"
-"I'll buy your boat if you buy this badass catamaran"
-"ok"

And history was written. I present you with (now) my 2012 Seadoo Challenger 210SE. 430hp (yeah, try and race me on the lake you yammy loving seadoo haters, I dare you). Umm...70-ish hours? I forget now. Full seadek. Wetsounds stereo. Garmin gps. TV's. Dual batteries w/ Noko. Built in perfect pass - ish. Already drive by wire. Push button start. Etc. Badass boat and perfect for me right now. I've always been a staunch defender of Doo's on here in the past largely because of their fit and finish (even when I had my 242), and now I remember why. I may miss the clean out plugs, but...no, I probably won't. Because the only time I ever needed them, the single time, was on the way to Bimini. And I'm riding on a Catamaran this year :p

IMG_20160313_111252.jpg

IMG_20160313_111415.jpg

Dirk broke the "A" on this side the first year. I gave him shit about it every year. Now it's my problem I guess.

IMG_20160313_110209.jpg

IMG_20160313_110214.jpg

IMG_20160313_110223.jpg

IMG_20160313_110323.jpg

IMG_20160313_111005.jpg

Look at that built in beer cooler. Beautiful.

IMG_20160313_111109.jpg

So. That's why I now have a Doo again and not a brand new E-series (which I was dangerously close to having). Next year? Who knows!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If @DieselCamel got the cat he still wins lol. You bringing this on the Charleston trip? Is @DieselCamel bringing the cat?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
He's bringing the cat. We *were* dead set on bringing the skis. After seeing the price of the hotel, we may be bringing the boat so we can split the room, lol.

We're heading to Charleston to get the cat next weekend. You gonna be around? ;)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes sir I will be around.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So... how fast?
And what kinda cat?
More pics of cat too.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow! Congrats on this never ending and unpredictable boat ownership journey!! Hmmmm...... Maybe I do need to show up with this R8...... You can't refuse, it seems!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not crazy fast, lol, but faster. Think we hit 53.7 last weekend with 87 octane. Always walked away from my 242, even with a head start, even if the 242 was empty and his was full.

Pick up the cat next weekend, looks just like this though-

343762_p_t_640x480_image01.jpg

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
But will the Challenger 210 brave the Gulf Stream to make it to Bimini this year .......

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nope! Taking the skis.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat. Looks great.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love the new boat and perfect for what I need. I want to hear more about what you think about it as you use it some more.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love your new boat! I looked at several of those and it was such a toss up between that and the AR190 we wound up getting. Top speed came in behind the rear lounge area of the Yamahas. Still real pretty. Good luck.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@veedubtek - that is an awesome boat! Basically similar to supercharged Scarab 215 HO Impulse...?

No-BS 53.7mph is freaking awesome, too. Wow, you have a good hand picking up these boats :env:.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
boat is gone to a good home across town. at least i'll still get to help launch it every weekend
@DieselCamel if the tow from Charleston feels to far and you want to leave that Carolina Cat at my place in Myrtle Beach for a few weeks I will gladly keep an eye in on it for you and maybe even run through the break in period on it if you like. Just figured I would throw it out there just to help you out. :winkingthumbsup"

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@DieselCamel if the tow from Charleston feels to far and you want to leave that Carolina Cat at my place in Myrtle Beach for a few weeks I will gladly keep an eye in on it for you and maybe even run through the break in period on it if you like. Just figured I would throw it out there just to help you out. :winkingthumbsup"

I appreciate the offer. But I have to drop it off in Willington the following week for the first mod..;)

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@veedubtek - that is an awesome boat! Basically similar to supercharged Scarab 215 HO Impulse...?

No-BS 53.7mph is freaking awesome, too. Wow, you have a good hand picking up these boats :env:.

Very similar. Just looking at boattest. Hull is near identical. My seats hinge differently, but still hinged. Looks like the scarab might not have push button start? My rear lounge seats are different as well. Looks like they got it to 54.9 with a tower and twin 200's (which I assume are identical to my 215's, just rated differently). Boy is that thing spendy though!

deancastor

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Maybe you just didn't know how to drive that 242? Lol The Sea Doo looks great....hope we can meet up sometime!

not2fast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fun read. Why not FX SVHO Cruisers?