1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

300hp now available

Discussion in 'Rotax Engine Topics' started by Compatico, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Compatico

Compatico Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Other
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
    Figured I'd cross-post this here for all Rotax enthusiasts to see:

"BRP Marine Group has announced the release of its largest Rotax jet propulsion engine yet – the Rotax ACE (Advanced Combustion Efficiency) 300. The new engine is now available on Scarab jet boat models and Chaparral Vortex models."

https://boatingindustry.com/news/2018/08/01/brp-marine-group-launches-new-rotax-engine/

Also the same announcement on Power Boat World:

https://www.powerboat-world.com/news/208358/Rotax-announces-new-jet-propulsion-engine

• Like Like x 4
  2. Maccam26

Maccam26 Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 1
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    Supercharger no longer requires maintenance, this is a great development for this engine. Class leading HP also. I like my Yamaha 1.9 HO at 180hp but I'd love it a lot more at 300hp, I think Yamaha might have to up their game soon.

3. swatski

swatski Jetboaters Fleet Admiral

Ratings:
    +8,739 / 132
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Those hp/torque ratings are not easy to compare as Yamaha chooses not to publish their numbers and no one puts those things on a dyno, etc. So, it is hard to tell exactly, side-by-side. But the SVHOs are probably pretty close to the ACE.

--

4. bronze_10

bronze_10 Jetboaters Admiral

Ratings:
    +3,745 / 69
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    I know someone who is the new owner of. Mechanic shop in florida... lets dyno some stuff!! @veedubtek

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1