• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

3rd trip out

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats. I do have to say very smart yahama moved the transom radio on the 2017. Stupid where they put it in 2016 models IMO.

Jeff L

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Damn nice boat Jeff. I just got one exactly like it. Are you getting wet storage areas for the leaky anchor locker drain issue?
I love the boat, you'll be happy with it. It's my first boat so I'm not sure what is normal. Each time I pull it out, I have water empty out of the back drain plug. Also, there's standing water on top of the clean out plugs. I can understand the water on top of the clean out plugs, that comes from decelerating and the water coming over top of the swim platform. But I'm not sure where the water comes from the empties from the back drain plug. I have not had much water or in some cases, none, in my ski locker or engine compartment around the drain plugs. My dealer sealed the area in the anchor locker drain prior to me taking the boat. I brought it to his attention after reading info on this forum. He sealed it with a product called "Life caulk." The last trip out I had max capacity on the boat and the bow was sitting lower than normal. I think that's why I had water come in through the anchor locker area, causing my anchor rope to get wet, but I didn't have any standing water. I'm still trying to learn things with the boat myself and understand how it's laid out. I hope this helps.