• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

4 Day Weekend Fishing Not Starting Well.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ouch, that could get painful!

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Should start lying down for the weekend.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It looks like the waves are going to keep you from fishing. Are they better on the west coast?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sailflow has a similar forecast.

image.png

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ClemsonTiger, I know you can go anytime you want but have you considered joining us for Bimini 2016?

Many of us lake boaters would be excited with the prospect of offshore fishing.

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very sound advice. I went the past 2 years to Bimini and was unable to make it this year for other reasons, but will admit to sharing the same concerns you have stated.

I hope you are able to get some fishing in this weekend!!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Of the 36 boats registered to go to Bimini this year 9 have an EPIRB or similar device, 15 have fixed VHF radios and 21 have DSC capability. All but two boats are reporting previous salt water experience. I have hounded on the risk and danger of the trip. Everyone understands that this year will be a go on plane or go home trip. I am hopeful that we will not have a repeat of last years issues.

Last edited:

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce don't take my comments as an indictment on the trip this year. That was my thoughts last summer, well before prep for this year. You have done a great job addressing many of the concerns that came off of last year.

Wish I was going to be there!!!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Cold fronts in May....in Florida! Now that is funny!:thumbsup:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cold fronts in May....in Florida! Now that is funny!:thumbsup:
My pool temp went from 85 to 76 in a few days ..... That's a cold front. I put my cover back on this morning.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf
It was 54 here this morning and it has been in the 50's the last 3 mornings. The pool feels cold again....just in time for a pool party on Saturday!

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
We had some fun boat testing yesterday and I got plenty wet thats for sure!! Ran offshore about 3 miles South east of vacation home with decent seas 1 to 2 ft. Got out to the reef did some trolling around it then some bottom fishing. Wife was happy using the sabiki rig catching me bait and I got a nice sting ray but that was it. A couple next to us was catching monsters but could not tell what. They were casting live fish with ballons on the lines which I am thinking they were after cobia. Anyways the tide just started going out and the wind decided to start blowing in, and blowing in hard. So it was the type of boat driving I am used to big waves packed just close enough together that you have to slow down so you don't take one over the bow with current going against the wind. Of course the direction we needed to go was the worst and unsafest direction. So I ran straight into shore hoping to get into smaller waves and would just run down the shoreline. Did not really like this option because it was halfway into low tide with the water being 3-4ft in this area and plenty of shell beds to hit. Not having a lower unit did make me pretty happy though. We did finally get back to our inlet but I had to go back out into heavier water to get around a very shallow point and we hit 2 sets of waves with both sets almost cresting over my front bow. The hardest part was catching that perfect moment between sets to turn around 180 and head back in. Got back in our bay and just as calm as can be we did hear the coast guard channel they were trying to hail a boat that supposedly called in a distress.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Billy Marlin, that sounds like an exiting day! Where were you boating at?

Last year my family returned from Bimini on our own on a calm day. I was amazed by how many pan-pan calls we heard while crossing glassy water. Life must be exciting for the Coast Guard and tow operators in the Miami / Fort Lauderdale area!