• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

4GA wire

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Someone had a link to a place that sold 4 GA tinned wire. I bought what I thought was enough but I need about 5 more feet for both the red and black wires. Anyone got a link to a place that sells the wire and I need a coupler too.

And, I have a Minkota dual charger that my brother and I, I blame him, disconnected this winter to store the boat. Anyone have a pic of how the dual batts are wired with the charger?

Thanks, D

The battery charger is very easy.

You should have two wires, each with a black and red. Connect the black wire to the black battery terminal, red to red for one wire and do the same for the other wire/battery.

The battery charger is very easy.

You should have two wires, each with a black and red. Connect the black wire to the black battery terminal, red to red for one wire and do the same for the other wire/battery.
I figured it wasn't hard. I just have to hook up the charger too and make sure its done right.

Did you disconnect all the battery wiring to both? Do you have a switch, if so, what brand? I have some diagrams I can provide, I just don't want to give you one that isn't appropriate for what you have. If it is just the charger that you unhooked and were asking about hooking it back up, it is just like Billy said...red to red/black to black, on each battery from each charger output.

just a hint, when I unhooked all my wiring from my two batteries, I used a zip tie to run through all the connectors from each terminal so I knew what went back where..

just a hint, when I unhooked all my wiring from my two batteries, I used a zip tie to run through all the connectors from each terminal so I knew what went back where..

Thanks, Good info. I wasn't that smart. I should have taken a pic before we unhooked everything. I doubt its that hard to put it all back together.

its not.. red to positive, black to negative for the most part..

Someone had a link to a place that sold 4 GA tinned wire. I bought what I thought was enough but I need about 5 more feet for both the red and black wires. Anyone got a link to a place that sells the wire and I need a coupler too.
ALL over eBAY. Look & order there. You won't find the items for less anywhere else.
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

its not.. red to positive, black to negative for the most part..

I have used this tip with success as well. Every year there seems to be a few threads with people have problems that are a result of not putting the proper connections back to where they had pulled them from. This is particularly helpful when pulling the boat out from hibernation and not being able to remember what you did 6 months ago. Another similar tip is to buy some colored electrical tape and place red tape on all positive leads and the standard black tape on all negative leads.

Back