• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

600+ hp Yamaha 1.8 Liter Engine

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I came across this video today:

Fast forward to 3:00 to see the engine. You can see the Yamaha stamp on the side.

Maybe we could turbo our boats? Lol

Nice find @RobA ! I enjoyed that entire video. I try not to let the resources of others influence my decisions or desire...however there is exception to that rule. Just listening to the work that was done on that car was mind boggling. They built that car, after much experience and failed components on it and others, in 11 months! I doubt with unlimited resources and 11 years, that I could get a car that would be that tight and fluid. Wow! Most of the additional boost was the alcohol injection above the 20psi boost, to 36psi! Again, WOW! Not sure we could put that in the boats and not sure we could dissipate the heat in our water cooled exhaust system without a radiator. But dang, when do you start the project Rob? Keep us posted!

That car looks like a beast and screams like a banshee! The sound of the turbo wastegate dumping 30+ pounds of a boost was impressive. A true one of a kind piece of engineering.

To have the time and resources to build something like that.... I can only dream.

ID: "Oooh! I want it, I want it I want it!!"

SUPEREGO: "After careful consideration, I concur."

8500 rpm redline. Thing sounds like a steam engine with the massive boost. It also sounds like it would not be difficult to blow that MR2 slushbox away. Better than the original Lotus box? Likely. Truly capable of handling 600+ hp with heavy turbo kick in a race car setup? Doubtful.

Impressive vehicle. If only I had either that much time or money to play with...

Reactions: 007
I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I think I'd be wearing a full face helmet with an intercom system in that racecar. I wonder why he went with a Yamaha block and then to go to that extreme with it.

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I think I'd be wearing a full face helmet with an intercom system in that racecar. I wonder why he went with a Yamaha block and then to go to that extreme with it.
Awesome power to weight ratio, thats why! Even something like the ecoboost 4 turbo just doesn't have the same capabilities due to the weight. Waverunner engine is light!

Back