• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

7100 rpms? New 190fsh sport.

Patae

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
New to the forum , been following for couple mounths before we bought a 2018 190fsh sport.
Broke it in properly , went out today reached 7500 rpms 38.5 mph with 4 adults and coolers full. 2 hours into fishing on the flats motor won't go over 7100 rpms. Have read about impeller pitches but wandered if there's anything else I should check. Thanks for any feed back!! The wife and I enjoy reading this forum .

Patae

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Honestly , 37.5-38 which is confusing. The water temp was 87-92 degrees and it was hot as hell out

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Could be a number of things, current, debris in the jet or simply weight distribution. I've found the weight to have the biggest impact. Have a couple people sit in front of the helm and check your top speed and rpm. Have those same people move the to jump seats and see what the difference is. You'll be surprised.

Patae

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That could be it. They were all by me at console besides my wife (she is tiny). And there was a lot of grass , I'll get under it tonight .Thanks for the help!

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You bet. I'm fairly new to the jet (August 2017) but have noted unlike my OB and IO's of the past the weight and positioning of the passengers has a huge impact on the performance of the boat. Not to say that my non jet drive boats didn't only it takes weight in the wrong position to have pretty substantial negative impact in performance. Full tank of gas and two people with the bimini top up I'll see 38-40 mph. Add two more people and 36-38mph. Half a tank with top down and two people I've seen as high as 46mph but the norm would be 44mph.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You bet. I'm fairly new to the jet (August 2017) but have noted unlike my OB and IO's of the past the weight and positioning of the passengers has a huge impact on the performance of the boat. Not to say that my non jet drive boats didn't only it takes weight in the wrong position to have pretty substantial negative impact in performance. Full tank of gas and two people with the bimini top up I'll see 38-40 mph. Add two more people and 36-38mph. Half a tank with top down and two people I've seen as high as 46mph but the norm would be 44mph.
I own a 210 FSH, and I can NOT get above 7200/39 mph, ran the boat yesterday in flat sea (less than a ft.) only myself on the boat, about 20 gals. of gas left and nothing in the storage compartments and the speed is "sh.....t", not to mention the minute I hit a weed patch I lose over 1000 rpms and can't go faster than 25-28 mph.

Patae

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It was less than a ft when we were out. Alot of grass out. I was hoping to find some in the intake last night but it was clean as it could be . Called my dealer and they said to let them know how it does the next time I take it out. I should be hitting the 10 hr mark at that time and then I'll take it to my Yamaha mechanic and let him do the service instead of dealer in Panama City. IIknow hit 7500 right after break-in so Hopefull it will be better with just the 2 of us this weekend.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If I'm not mistaken mine runs between 76-7800

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here's a pic from last fall. 45mph at 7700 rpm give or take
I have NOT seen 40+mph on my new 210, it will NOT go above 7200. I have 2 weeks vacation left and it is going straight to the dealer, they are either going to fix it, or I will set fire to it right in their parking lot. So far this overgrown Vacuum cleaner has been as close to a lemon as I have ever owned. BTW I own 2 Yamaha waverunners and have Zero problems with them.

Patae

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Even my dealer said the sweet spot was between 7400-8000

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not sure how much location plays into top speed as well the fact I'm on fresh water. Love my 190!

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have NOT seen 40+mph on my new 210, it will NOT go above 7200. I have 2 weeks vacation left and it is going straight to the dealer, they are either going to fix it, or I will set fire to it right in their parking lot. So far this overgrown Vacuum cleaner has been as close to a lemon as I have ever owned. BTW I own 2 Yamaha waverunners and have Zero problems with them.
“So far this overgrown Vacuum cleaner has been as close to a lemon as I have ever owned”

AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE

I can only give 1 rating so I had to post it here how much I agree!

Patae

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Kinda figured that after reading some of your comments in other post At least you're consistent. Lol

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
this honestly can be anything from your throttle cable slack to the sparkplug gaps. Mine has been slower since i took it to the shop for a full service. I don’t think they gaped my sparkplugs correct. But i’m just happy it’s running better without the misfire and rpm wondering.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There is a dealer in marathon I think? Y wait they were very nice there to me.