• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

A better way to handle upcoming year model forum sections?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Guys I don't know about y'all or if anyone has noticed but ever since the "enter new year" forum sections have been made it has caused some of the forum info to be split from what I would consider the parent boat model subsections.

For instance there is lots of info in the 19' SX/AR section that readers of the 2017 SX/AR195 thread don't see or know about and visa versa. Same goes for the 2016 forum section. Is it really necessary to split the searchable information in multiple forum sections just because of model year.

I understand the premise of having the new boat section as it serves as a nice depository for when the new boat models hit but then it quickly dissolves into a lot of housekeeping if you wanted to move threads to more relative parent subforums like 19, 21' 24' etc. Unless there is a huge difference of boats between model years I think it's just going to get messier and messier if we continue going down the road of adding a new model year each time in addition to keeping the boat size subforums. Can we merge or combine them?

I cleaned up the layout to include the new model boats below:

• Yamaha Upcoming Models
  • Yamaha AR/SX 190, AR/SX192, AR/SX195
  • Yamaha AR/SX 210, 212 Limted/S, 212X
  • Yamaha AR/SX240, 242 Limited/S/E-Series, 242X

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It might be a good idea to either limit the new model year forums to only include the new posts we author under NDA as part of the annual preview, or to be more vigilant about moving non-model year specific posts to the proper location. I just looked at the 2016 model year forum, and it does indeed have a bunch of posts that don't really belong there. Over 100 new threads on new boats is probably not accurate.

Not having the year in the forum title might potentially impact search engine hits....but that wouldn't prevent us from emptying the forum and creating a new one.

@Bruce any thoughts on this?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think you guys did an AMAZING job with the 2017 release - you were substantially faster posting relevant info/reviews than even the Yamaha corporate site!

Maybe you can limit new threads in those forums - so that (not NDA contributor) members can only respond and ask questions but not start new threads there.

--