• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

A new Yamaha... replacement for the 240

wardial

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I believe we're already 1 year over "average" for release of a completely new model.

When's the next one?

2015?

2016?

Anyone want to take some realistic guesstimates as to what may lie in store for the next big model?

My 2008 232 Limited is doing me just right still. I keep it in immaculate condition... fix or replace anything that isn't in brand-new-like condition... and wouldn't gain much of anything by upgrading to a current 240-class.

Yamaha... what do you have up your sleeve to make me WANT to upgrade? :woot:

I would think the 1.8L engines are a big selling point. More power in less rpm's for a less whiney sound. Im looking at getting a Yamaha and im not even considering MR1 boats.

I'm interested in seeing what they come out with as well....hopefully it will be something good & soon!!!

just an fyi, on the other forum there is more complaint of noise from the 1.8l's vs the mr1...if that is the only reason that has you leaning that way you may want to think again or at least research a little more to make sure

I've ridden in both and the 1.8s are quieter with a deeper lower end tone and less whine.

I think the point is to guess at what's coming not compare what's already available. For me to trade-in / upgrade it would have to be a cruiser between 25" and 30" feet long, with a full head, "state room", etc. Make a flying bridge and I'd find a way to put a deposit down immediately. What I think is coming is much more tame, a 28 foot bow rider, 240s with Super-Charged engines, maybe a copy of seadoo's braking system and a redesign of the cleanout plugs (I can dream anyway).

My guess is a 26 foot open bow with a proper head, perhaps a sink/bar? More of a deck boat style.

Would love to see jet trim and wake effects...ie bigger wakes via wake forming wedges or dams etc

Yup....a wedge makes so much sense! Why use ballast when you can use the natural movement of the boat to pull the stern down! But Yamaha would have to reinforce their transoms to make that happen...anyone look at how thin the glass is back there? You can shine a flashlight clearly through it in spots! :nailbiting::wideyed:

Yea, I couldn't believe how thin it was when I crawled back there to replace the remote on the swim deck :/

Hey, Hey, Hey . . . . . . I just bought the 2014 . . . Let me get a year or 2 without a complete redesign will you?

o_O

Although the 1.8L supercharged motors from the 190 Series as TWIN's in the 240 series would be interesting.

Although the 1.8L supercharged motors from the 190 Series as TWIN's in the 240 series would be interesting.
That thing might be a HUGE gas hog!!! :eek: but fun!

I talked to a Yamaha rep at the boat show, at he said that Yamaha tested a prototype (24') with the twin SVHO. In short, totally awesome but way too expensive and inefficient to bring to market. :-(

I talked to a Yamaha rep at the boat show, at he said that Yamaha tested a prototype (24') with the twin SVHO. In short, totally awesome but way too expensive and inefficient to bring to market. :-(

I think so too. The 192s with supercharged engines get horrible mileage for little performance gain over the normally aspirated 190s. Put two supercharged engines in the 240 and Yamaha would probably need to increase the size of the fuel tank as well but hey I'd bet some of us would still buy it. Generally speaking, if I'm in the market for a jet boat, fuel economy is not very high on my list of priorities/requirements.

I think so too. The 192s with supercharged engines get horrible mileage for little performance gain over the normally aspirated 190s. Put two supercharged engines in the 240 and Yamaha would probably need to increase the size of the fuel tank as well but hey I'd bet some of us would still buy it. Generally speaking, if I'm in the market for a jet boat, fuel economy is not very high on my list of priorities/requirements.

Have to say the same. I never purchased a boat considering the fuel economy, although it is a nice feature especially compared to the 175 outboard I used to have.

I'd love to see hinged cushioned. It drives me nuts when I look around at my friends boats and most of them have hinged cushions everywhere.
Im also not a fan of the forward bow rumble seats. My kids don't use that feature, and I think it takes up too much storage space. Also not a fan of the co-pilot lounge seat. Lounge seat is fine, but the open space underneath is a waste - I understand they do this in order to share the deck with the 212ss, but I find it to be a loss of storage space. Or maybe a flip forward/flip back lounger.
Lets see! A larger bolt on swim deck would be AWESOME! Seperate 3 ballast controls to control them individually. A wedge! Or a Surf Gate!

But I don't wanna see any of this just yet. Or it would drive me nuts! :grumpy:

As far as the SVHO engines, if you look at boattest.com's reviews on the 2013 FZR waverunner, then the 2014 with the SVHO, there isn't really any performance "enhancements" at all. Appears to be some internal changes with a big name promo, that's about it imo.

I'd love to see a 26 -28' open bow with a bar. I'm fine with the 1.8L engines and wouldn't care if it only topped out in the low to mid 40s. SC engines would be a deal killer for me since the gains are marginal but the extra cost at the pump is substantial.

I'd love to see flip up cushions, higher end trims on the limiteds, and a digital dash.

I'd love to see a much better warranty than previously and currently offered.

Back