• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

A real stupid question....

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpg can you guys help out, where does the smaller cable go to, positive or negative? :oops:

Negative

Yep. Black usually negative.

I twist tie mine together and have a label on them (1+/-) or (2+/-) when I pull my batteries in the winter. I missed a cable one spring, and that turned into a new Radio project that at the end of, I realized I had put the remote + onto the Neg and that was why the Headunit wouldn't come on! :banghead::depressed::dead::oops:

But I like the new HU....and learned a lesson....

Which also reminds me...I still have a JVC HU for sale! LOL

Thanks for the speedy reply guys, forum at its best :thumbsup:

Do you think I may of done some damage, I did connect to positive and now the courtesy light and blower trip will not set? What a dumbass :(

I twist tie mine together and have a label on them (1+/-) or (2+/-) when I pull my batteries in the winter. I missed a cable one spring, and that turned into a new Radio project that at the end of, I realized I had put the remote + onto the Neg and that was why the Headunit wouldn't come on! :banghead::depressed::dead::oops:

So this will be my excuse when I need a new radio next year...lol

Thanks for the speedy reply guys, forum at its best :thumbsup:

Do you think I may of done some damage, I did connect to positive and now the courtesy light and blower trip will not set? What a dumbass :(
Look for a blown fuse. Friend of mine reversed the battery on his wave runner, it blew a fuse. There are some engine fuses near the transom in the engine compartment. I'm not sure where others would be without consulting a manual.

I'm guessing you blew a fuse too. It may be the ACC fuse in the battery compartment, or it may be individual blower or courtesy light circuit breakers at the switch. I am guessing the blade fuse on the wall beside the battery.

I've checked all fuses etc and all ok, I think the circuit breakers are faulty or have been damaged. I can reset the blower, it will work then won't. As for the light, no go, there is power there but the breaker will just not reset, so I'd imagine I need to change both.
So there goes my karma theory, didn't want to shout out too loudly about me being in sunny Florida and make anybody feel bad, shit still happens :rolleyes::).

Sounds like a loose ground. Check your grounds and check for a loose wire to terminal loop connection.

@Britboater I'm with you either a bad breaker or a melted wire somewhere. How I have mine setup is each battery has a positive cable and the rest of the cables are negative. Any other positive cables go to the battery switches not the battery.

Every time the leads come off my batteries, I use nylon tie wraps to secure them together.

X/2 on zip ties on the cables. It really helps,get them back on come late May...

Both breakers faulty.
Just checked all connections, power and ground and all ok. Swapped to good breaker and blower and light work fine.
Does anybody know where I might get two new breakers?

Back