• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Addding a glove box

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Really would like to add a glove box somehow but not exactly sure where I would put one. Did find some online that you can just drop in but would really like to add one that looks like a factory install if that makes sense.

Does it have to be a "Glovebox" exactly or will a small compartment suffice?
Boat031.jpg

If there is a spot you have in mind, they different sizes of doors. Make your own. Line it with carpet and contents stay dry and out of harm's way.

Nice!! I will have to look around the inside and see what I have. I don't have a stationary sit for the passenger, mine folds out so they can sit and watch the back of the boat. But I will look around the inside of the boat the next time I'm at the lake. Thanks for the idea.

You could do the same on the drivers side.

You can feel back into that void from the storage area in front of the steering wheel to get an idea of how deep of a container could be installed.

I hung a shoe hanger inside the head compartment. Everyone places their items that would go in a glove box in a pocket.

@txav8r could you share the details of you head compartment mods?

Yep, I saw what Mel did in his head compartment...I use mine to stow our rafts for now. But something against the wall of the head compartment would probably still work and I could still get the rafts in as well.

You could install the shoe hanger on the door. It would be more accessible there.

Back