• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

added 2nd power flag

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Other boaters should see I have someone in the water for sure! Right? Ya, right!

Attachments

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think you got that point across pretty clearly. I'm curious though, do you see a need to mark the hose, maybe with small round ski buoys or something? Any chance a knucklehead on a jet ski might pass between you and the person flying? (assuming you call it flying?)

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I know areas are different but here in Missouri the orange flag is supposed to not be displayed unless someone is actually in the water. Skier down flag. Is this the same case or is the flag to be displayed all the time?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@cybuch could you post a link to where you bought the flag at? I've been wanting to look into one of those. Is it motor/electrical activated or just manually placed up/down. How was the install? Thanks for any info.

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think you got that point across pretty clearly. I'm curious though, do you see a need to mark the hose, maybe with small round ski buoys or something? Any chance a knucklehead on a jet ski might pass between you and the person flying? (assuming you call it flying?)
Was thinking about that and so far that hasn't happened. We had a boat get a little close today though.

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider here its only while someone is in the water too.

@itsdgm yes, it is motorized and it has a wired remote. I have had my original for 7 years and still works like new. Here is where I got it http://www.hbpinnovations.com

The way it works is, skier goes down, hit the button and the flag goes up and unrolls itself and the red led turns on. Push the button again and the flag rolls up and goes back in and the green led turns on.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That is awesome!!

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These things are built!! Over engineered and reliable.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @cybuch I'm afraid to ask how much $. I'll try giving them a call on Monday.

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@itsdgm I want to say about $650 with the mount.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@itsdgm I want to say about $650 with the mount.
Ok. Thanks. That's what I was afraid of. Now I'll be trying to convince myself over and over that I dont need to spend that kind of money on a flag holder. At least right up until I break down and just order one. ;)

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I know areas are different but here in Missouri the orange flag is supposed to not be displayed unless someone is actually in the water. Skier down flag. Is this the same case or is the flag to be displayed all the time?
I did not know that. Thank you.

I, like many others at lota simply put the flag on and forget it. I sort of like doing that to alert others that a small child is tubing behind my boat.