• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding a 2nd battery

dordelli

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
For those that have added dual batteries to their Lx or LS boat, where did u add the 2nd battery? My Current starter battery is on the port side and there is not enough room for a 2nd battery next to the starter battery. Is it better to separate the 2nd battery and locate it on the stbd side by itself or move both batteries to the stbd side? Any pics would be appreciated!

I have an extra trolling motor battery that I can repurpose, using the same battery selector switch that I have seen on this site, would it be better to use the trolling motor battery only while anchored listening to music and switch to the starting battery for cruising or to use the A+B setting all the time?

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just sold my LX and I don't have a picture of the battery placement but when I bought it one battery was on the starboard side and the other on the port side.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Kathy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Anyone have suggestions on the best battery to use with the twins?

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Added 2 batteries on port side, installed 2 battery tray, removed complete oil pump system and acc.
Added blue sea system add a battery kit with on off switch, engine and electronics separation or dual battery power if needed.
I use nothing but deep cell marine batteries will large cranking amps.multi switch -ACR - fuse box diagam.jpg

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
IMG_20150701_185901953.jpg

M@__

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
It looks like you could have kept the oil tank if you hadn't used that area for the switch and panel. Is that correct?

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
that is correct, I removed the oiler a few years back when it failed on me and I blew an engine(original oil line came off as the factory hose shrunk.) that's how I found this site or the other site back then. I needed a location to add the switch and accesories, it was ideal to keep costs down on the extra power cables needed.

I always removed the oiler systems from my skis, etc going back to the racing days. remove all excess weight. I mix everything, a little inconvenient at times but I eliminate the mechanical aspect. I have 8 years on these motors from when I rebuilt them in 2008 without any issues, yet!!!. This way the fuel always has oil for lubrication, i mix wrong it's on me.

I still have the oiler for when I sell the boat. I wanted to make room for the switch and extra fuse block to run dual batteries to feed the amp, lights, USB ports and stereo system, etc. Kids wanted to jam while wakeboarding along the Potomac River streaming PANDORA. Back in my day I had to carry a BOOM BOX. LOL It was called Skurfing!1

M@__

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Very cool. I'll probably go this route too. I was thinking about trying to tuck one behind the oil tank, but this is even better. Is the filler neck the only thing under that part of fiberglass/do you know what's under there?

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I believe there is nothing under this particular spot. The fuel line/ filler neck is just forward toward the rear seat and engine wall. I am sure I looked prior to installing, but I will look next time to confirm. I had a lot of pictures to add but my phone decided to delete them for some reason. Mechanically I can fix or design anything! when it comes to technology I am slightly challenged.

M@__

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Oh yeah, that makes sense. Did you use the existing attachment point for the battery box or did you make another?

Dardania

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Can anyone upload a clear over view of all wiring i do have the bluesea kit just dont have the fuse box seperator

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an area on the starboard side similar to where the battery is on the port side. It is completely open and there is nothing there. If I ever run a 2nd battery, couldn't I just put it there along with the switch/fuse block while keeping the original battery in the port side, OEM location? Did you consider this? Weight would be well balance with a battery on each side as well

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Either side works fine, you just have to buy longer cables and mount the electronics somewhere. If I decide to remount the oilier, I will move the electronics and re-add the 0il tank.
I always stored 7 life vests in that open area. No matter what i was legal if someone didn't bring or grab a vest.