• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding a Signature Image - New (Easier) Method

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have installed an add-on for handling signature images.

If you go to https://jetboaters.net/account/signature you can upload an image to your signature. After uploading your signature image you will need to type Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 1.20.42 PM.png into your signature where you want the image to appear. Hopefully this will be easier to use than the drag and drop or URL copying methods used previously.

Currently signature images are limited to a file size of 512 KB. Which may be a little large.

I disabled the dimensional limits but if users begin using overly large signature images those may need to be activated.

Here are more detailed instructions for adding a signature image

Go to https://jetboaters.net/account/signature

This is what you will see

Then click the "Click to Upload" link below the signature editing window.

That will open this screen

Where you click "Choose File".

After uploading the file click "Save Changes"

You will be taken back to the signature editing window and you will see your signature picture below the edit window

Now type
into your signature where you want the image to appear. Then click save changes and you are finished.

Last edited:

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does this site prefer we reference a signature image on a site like imageshack.us or photobucket.com, reference it from the Media section from this site, or simply upload it? I'm thinking in context of site bandwidth, file sizes etc....
Right now I'm referencing my signature image from photobucket.com however if it is better to upload it or link it directly to the media section of this site then I can certainly do that.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Uh help...haha I dont know how to resize.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On a Windows machine open start menu and search 'paint' then bring your photo into paint and use the resize option.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
On a Windows machine open start menu and search 'paint' then bring your photo into paint and use the resize option.
BOOM! I was gonna have to ask the same question. Thanks

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Finally!!! Now I need a better picture. Thanks @Bruce!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Don't forget that your signature pic should not be taller than the left side bar that has your name and data in it.

marionw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Other
thank you!! i was looking for this!