• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding a tank to my 242 Limited

Tim Chies

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
so mueller makes a 25 gallon tank that i believe will fit in my ski locker... 47 x 18 wide - 8 high. I cruise a lot - thinking of adding an in tank electric fuel pump and Having a hose to either refill main tank or friends jet ski's - or maybe just plumb to main tank. I can plumb the fill thru the starboard side easily for fill and vent. Looking for constructive advise. Yes - it is legal. Yes - it need to be securely attached. 25 gallons of gas weighs 200 lbs - low in the hull in the center - less than a fat drunk on board.

Looking for goods suggestions - thanks

Tim - Fort Myers

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
25 gallons of gas x 6lbs per gallon = 150 lbs. With tank pump & plumbing you'll probably be just under 200 lbs. This will move your center of gravity (CG) forward some. Shouldn't be a problem with light to moderate loads. May be more noticeable with a full load.

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Tim Chies - Did you get the tank? And did it fit?

Tim Chies

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Been having so much fun - I haven't taken it out of the marina yet - Still on my to do list this year. Kinda funny on the comment of 200 pounds in the bottom of the hull in the center as compared to people sitting up front? No issue.

I'll post when I get it done - and then get all the doomsayers.... ;-0 Enjoy