• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding additional trailer bunks

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've got the factory steel trailer that came with my FSH 190. The boat never loads straight on the trailer and I am constantly having to rock the boat over to get it centered up. I've messed with the bunks but to no avail. Thinking of adding some bunks right in the center to assist with getting the boat to center. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue and if you came up with a solution?

DrGamecock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you have a picture of your trailer? mine centers right up for me...I only leave about 6" of bunk visible above the water.

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Lighted 60" Guide poles really helped stop the same problem I had with crooked ramps or nasty current at the launch. And helped backing up the empty trailer much easier to see

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Never seemed to be an issue unless we were loading in a stiif side wind. Then we occasionally needed a quick re-dunk with me standing on the high side to level things out.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ill take a pic when we go out next.maybe yet this evening. Always loads about 4-6" off to the port side every time . Ramp is nice and level with no current. Never had this issue with any of my other boats so I'm assuming something is off with the trailer

dlkhmk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
It’s the weight distribution with the dual batteries on the port side. I have the same problem. One of two remedies, either stand to the starboard side or fill up your live well prior to trailering the boat. Works for me every time and levels it right out.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I never thought of that , but are correct. I will try filling the live well next time out

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I agree with the move inward. I that center hole is where mine used to be.
About an inch inside those strakes when all is sitting square.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ok so I moved the bunks one hole more to the center on each bunk at the rear of the trailer and it made no difference. I did notice that the boat definitely leans to the starboard side sitting empty. So I did fill the live-well and that solved the problem. Boat loaded nice and level. Next time out may just have the wife stay in the boat and stand on the port side.

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I moved one of my batteries (crank battery) to the other side to level it out.. very easy to do.. No more lean to one side! Go to West Marine and get 8' cables and route through engine compartment and drill a 1" hole through to under the seat compartment on opposites side. I did this because I went to 27 group batteries which weighed more than the stock ones that came with boat

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I like that idea. I will check that option out this evening