• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding an amp

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone added an amp to drive additional speakers and where did you locate the amp in our install?

Can I add tower speakers without adding an amp? I currently have 2 pairs of speakers (cabin and bow) and would want to toggle the tower speakers on/off. When the tower speakers are on, I would be okay with having the bow speakers off so at any one time I would just be running 2 pairs of speakers off of an aftermarket head unit. Any ideas on how to toggle the speakers or will I definitely need an additional amp?

addisonm06

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
i installed an amplifier and secured it on the starboard side in the engine compartment. I only have 4 speakers; but plan to add 2 on the swim deck and 2 in front near the grab handles. The amp location is great and hidden, and made good use of that space.
I have another batter that sits in a tray right behind it.

As far as the toggling, im not too sure on that one, ill let someone else chime in.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. Need a way to turn on/off towers.

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I mounted mine in the glove box right in front of the stereo system. Mounted a board off the support/ stiffner and tied in all the cables as one. I was concerned with mounting in the motor compartment due to heat levels and length of cables. I will try and get a picture later today. Would an A/B switch due the trick? More speakers, more power,more amps?

I also mounted 2 batteries where the existing battery tray was. pic attached.IMG_20150627_135021615.jpg

JL Audio MHX280

Hydrajet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
This is what i just did.

I removed the glovebox an mounted a Kenwood 400Wx4 and a 200w mono amp to drive a 10" sub. Use nylon lock nuts to secure brackets due to vibration. If there is ever an issue, the entire glove box can be removed for easy access to all stereo components for inspection.

Cheers!

20170717_205742.jpg 20170717_211623.jpg

Attachments

Hydrajet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I found that mounting this way keeps the space in glove usable.

Tip: Use round head type bolts or allen socket type bolts so passengers don't deal with jagged edges on hands.

Attachments

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Welcome @Hydrajet !!! Glad to have you with us. I love the boat color, Never seen one in gold....

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I mounted a amp on a board in the passenger storage. Below the tray.

Hydrajet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Welcome @Hydrajet !!! Glad to have you with us. I love the boat color, Never seen one in gold....
Thanks and likewise!

I wanted to give my latest LS2000 a luxury speed twist with all the normal and mandory upgrades on fresh set of twin 2 strokes ☺

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Sweet as gold, nice job

Hydrajet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Thanks! I really appreciate it. I was a little skeptical at first. Gives it that 007 effect.

Attachments