• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding Gas Strut to tower

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I see the E Series boats has a gas strut located in the base of their towers. The 212 limited S I have had the pre tapped mounting holes it looks like that would support the install of a gas strut. I have seen the parts listing from Yamaha for what I believe to be the strut thug they have it listed for a few hundred for just a gas strut. If anyone with one could take a look at theirs and grab a number or size/length off it I would greatly appreciate it. Then I just have to fashion some securement points using the pre-tapped threads unless I’m missing something.

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine does 2017. If I can remember I will see if I can get some numbers tonight.

Last edited:

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Following this! I would love to find an easy way to add those to my 212x

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are the X and Limited S towers a lot heavier in the 21 foots? My AR210 tower seems pretty light and is fairly easy to lower by myself.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine does 2017. If I can remember I will see if I can get some numbers tonight.

That would great! Thanks a lot I’m sure I can figure out an attachment system when I figure out the thread size and count but I just don’t know the lbs and length strut needed. Once I get it all worked out I’ll post the photos and required hardware.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are the X and Limited S towers a lot heavier in the 21 foots? My AR210 tower seems pretty light and is fairly easy to lower by myself.
Mine is fairly heavy and also supports the wetsounds sound bar but even before that it takes some force to control its downward descent. We trailer everywhere so when I put it away in our garage we are always dropping it. Not as big of a deal when I’m putting it away because I’m standing on the ground and pulling down on the back side to slow the decent. It’s a little harder when dropping it to get onto a lift or under a low bridge.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine is fairly heavy and also supports the wetsounds sound bar but even before that it takes some force to control its downward descent. We trailer everywhere so when I put it away in our garage we are always dropping it. Not as big of a deal when I’m putting it away because I’m standing on the ground and pulling down on the back side to slow the decent. It’s a little harder when dropping it to get onto a lift or under a low bridge.
Crazy to me they would design 2 desperate towers seems like manufacturing-wise it would be cheaper to have the same tower across all models but from what I see online the ar tower doesn’t look as beefy but it could be.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I may can get my tower down on my own but I don't really think I could get it back up without a second person.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Crazy to me they would design 2 desperate towers seems like manufacturing-wise it would be cheaper to have the same tower across all models but from what I see online the ar tower doesn’t look as beefy but it could be.
The AR240 (2015+) towers are beefy enough and work very well for towing/water sports with a notable exception of the locking mechanism. Which is ridiculously badly designed.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah I just figure since it appears that what those mounting points are already there for it would only make it easier and nicer to move.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Forgot to post these last night. Here are some pics.

20190530_170340.jpg

20190530_170355.jpg

20190530_170323.jpg

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's pretty sweet. Fabricating/sourcing the mounts would be the tricky part. I'd love to get something like this, especially if it could help with lift assist. I can manage the tower just fine solo when there are no speakers on, but its definitely a 2 person job with the cans mounted.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you don't mind exposed bolt heads, it may end up even nicer than stock for future maintenance...Those Allen heads are the death of me when they bind up and strip the head. They don't hold much torque Maybe a through bolt on the tower and a generic bracket or simple aluminum base for the bottom? Looks like a nice project, best of luck!

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So far having difficulty finding that exact Bansbach strut online. Probably only sell to manufactures/companies. The number on it is
D0M0ZF3-125-220--002 1500N. Trying to use their website to extract the length, diameter and strength. Looks to 1500N for strength but can't figure out its size collapsed and extended. Don't know if the 125 number represents it's stoke length and 220 represents its over length collapsed maybe? I tried emailing the company but haven't heard back. Anyone better at breaking down those part numbers with their website any help would be appreciated. Details