• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding SiriusXM to the 2021s

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Has anyone with the new 2021s that have the enovation stereo system figure out a way to add siriusXM? The fusion head units allowed for a siriusXM add on receiver to be added and you could control it through the fusion app or the head unit on the rear deck. I'm finding nothing online if the enovation is capabable or not.

The only other way that I can figure out is to use a car unit that has bluetooth streaming that you could use to connect to the system. Also, looks like there is no 12v at the helm anymore - only on the transom, so you'd have to keep the head unit in the back cargo net.... not ideal.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Could you just use the SiriusXM app on your phone and bluetooth connect it to the boat. That's what I've done so far, but with the Amazon Music app. I just keep my phone inside one of those waterproof, floating cases where it's still touch sensitive through the case. My phone typically sits at the helm but I can bring it to the rear deck without concern since it's in a waterproof, floating case.

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Could you just use the SiriusXM app on your phone and bluetooth connect it to the boat. That's what I've done so far, but with the Amazon Music app. I just keep my phone inside one of those waterproof, floating cases where it's still touch sensitive through the case. My phone typically sits at the helm but I can bring it to the rear deck without concern since it's in a waterproof, floating case.
Yes I could but would rather not kill my phone or my data plan.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You have to buy an antenna that plugs into the back of the transom head unit and connect that to your subscription. I looked into it, was just easier to stream from my phone. Wasn’t sure where I wanted to mount another GPS receiver in the back of the boat...

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
You have to buy an antenna that plugs into the back of the transom head unit and connect that to your subscription. I looked into it, was just easier to stream from my phone. Wasn’t sure where I wanted to mount another GPS receiver in the back of the boat...
Is this for the new enovation systems?

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Doesn’t matter what’s at the helm, the stereo is the head unit at the transom. Should look like this:

You’re not familiar then with the 2021 boats with the enovation systems, there is no more fusion head unit. It’s all an enovation system - screen, computer, amp, audio head unit.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You’re not familiar with the 2021 boats with the enovation systems, there is no more fusion head unit. It’s all an enovation system - screen, computer, amp, audio head unit.
See my edit

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yes I could but would rather not kill my phone or my data plan.
I can run a solid 8 hours of music and my battery will be fine. You can also just plug it in so it stays charged. Almost all plans are unlimited now a days, but even then an hour of streaming is 50-75mb. It would take a lot of streaming to chew up a data plan. I would assume you have an unlimited plan since you have a 80k boat lol.

I personally use the Sirius App over BT and it works great. I wouldn't pay more for a second device when the streaming is free with a basic xm plan.

Though if you insist - put your head in the helm and look for a connector with a white SiriusXM label. If it's there, you can get a SXV300 and plug it in, and have sirius on the factory unit. If no connectors at the helm, look for the brain of the unit, maybe transom?

Also there is no way there is not 12v at the helm. The boat runs of 12v, which means your factory screen runs at 12v. IT's there, it may just be difficult to get to. In any case, running some wires across the boat is pretty easy.

Last edited:

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I can run a solid 8 hours of music and my battery will be fine. You can also just plug it in so it stays charged. Almost all plans are unlimited now a days, but even then an hour of streaming is 50-75mb. It would take a lot of streaming to chew up a data plan. I would assume you have an unlimited plan since you have a 80k boat lol.

I personally use the Sirius App over BT and it works great. I wouldn't pay more for a second device when the streaming is free with a basic xm plan.

Though if you insist - put your head in the helm and look for a connector with a white SiriusXM label. If it's there, you can get a SXV300 and plug it in, and have sirius on the factory unit. If no connectors at the helm, look for the brain of the unit, maybe transom?

Also there is no way there is not 12v at the helm. The boat runs of 12v, which means your factory screen runs at 12v. IT's there, it may just be difficult to get to. In any case, running some wires across the boat is pretty easy.
I get it, but I’m not asking to use the app ;) I’m on an old corporate plan that does have a data limit, but no speed or tethering caps so I’m not dumping it lol. I’d rather pay the $5 a month to add an additional receiver to my xm plan. Phone will have to suffice if I can’t figure out a hard xm install. For as nice as the connext system is, it’s pretty limiting.

I don’t think these new enovation systems will natively take the SXV300 as I can’t find anything saying they are XM ready in their terribly limited documentation online. This is the perfect solution with the fusion head units. I wonder if we can swap the head units back out to a fusion with these new enovation systems?

For the 2021s The 12v cigarette plug that was at the helm was removed and replaced with an usb outlet. They moved the 12v to the transom. That’s not to say I could could find some 12v wiring behind the helm or use an accessory button to supply the power. Hmmm that could be a good solution.

Anyone with a 2021 already can or has taken a look into this yet?

ComingInHot

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

I agree that using the Sirius app is the way to go. I've been using it with my old boat for the last 2 years, but haven't had our new boat out yet (stuck in Ohio for now). The app gives you more channels that are only available with the app and eliminates the need to get another account. A Sirius account for the boat would probably cost more than the upcharge for more data.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Makes sense.

I would say I would be surprised if they took a step backwards and didn't allow functionality for XM - but it's Yamaha so it wouldn't surprise me lol.

One thing to consider is the survivability of an external unit. I don't think they make anything IP rated, let alone ready for salt water abuse. Is there a controller somewhere on the swim deck? Connections could be there. I would assume Yamaha is still using aftermarket radio/brain of some sort but it is connected with NMEA2000 for control on the main screen.

With that being said, if all went to shit, you can still install a unit. Running a 14-16 gauge power/ground is pretty straight forward. The next issue is connectivity. I think only the Tour offers Bluetooth. If you want hard buttons the Onyx would could work but complicate the install (though still doable).

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
i have the fusion and my shop recommended this puck. going on the other side of the boat up front from the gps puck. the back was an option but didnt want to hit it with ropes, people etc.

Attachments

shanes17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
yes. the puck was additional. the original black one they were gonna mount under the windshield in front of the steering wheel. it looks real clean up front in front of the windshield as i didnt want it in the back

shanes17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yes. the puck was additional. the original black one they were gonna mount under the windshield in front of the steering wheel. it looks real clean up front in front of the windshield as i didnt want it in the back
Thanks, I was hoping to put the puck near the rear unit where the device connected to. Wonder why they wanted to mount the black one all the way up by the steering wheel? Wouldnt that mean running the cable from the stern back up to the captains chair area?

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I do not know. All I can think of is maybe they didn’t know where to put it without it being in the way. If you look in that pic that’s where they wanted to put the puck in the rear but I didn’t want it there and they of course charged me more for the run of the wires. Good luck.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Has anyone with the new 2021s that have the enovation stereo system figure out a way to add siriusXM? The fusion head units allowed for a siriusXM add on receiver to be added and you could control it through the fusion app or the head unit on the rear deck. I'm finding nothing online if the enovation is capabable or not.

The only other way that I can figure out is to use a car unit that has bluetooth streaming that you could use to connect to the system. Also, looks like there is no 12v at the helm anymore - only on the transom, so you'd have to keep the head unit in the back cargo net.... not ideal.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Please no one buy this. That radio can be had for $30. Your paying $170 for a case and marine antenna.
It includes the interface (dock) for bluetooth as well, and can be docked to a boombox too.