• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding Wake-tower speakers to 203VRX

RodnAmy Tex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I purchased a Wake-tower speaker system with amp for my 203 VRX. I was wondering if anyone else knew how to connect an aftermarket speaker and amp system to the Medallion Viper 2? I cant find any wiring schematics anywhere on the web!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi! I have the 223. All the amp and speaker connections are on the port side under the flip up storage area. There are RCA jacks to hook up to. They're all labeled to make things easy.

This is an example of what you may have. It should be similar but probably not exact.
1589550073737.png

RodnAmy Tex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
ah man! your a life saver! thank you for that info!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Keep this handy. There is a chance the unit is not hooked up to the medallion. I called the company and had to run wires to provide audio to the unit.

Attachments

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Here's a picture of what mine looks like.
1589550622315.png

1589550496349.png

RodnAmy Tex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
yep, that looks just like mine! I think that black box says "satellite" on it...

RodnAmy Tex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Is that box in your picture considered the "Black Stereo Box"?

RodnAmy Tex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
And I see you have a subwoofer right there under the glove box... seems like a good spot for one...

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Yes, that's the satellite black box unit. The Medallion unit controls this. This is exactly where all the "extras" get hooked up to.

I added those 2 speakers in the picture. I also added another speaker and sub on the starboard side (identical to the picture). The main setup just does not have enough sound especially at cruising speed.

Your tower is already pre-wired (purple on port and green on starboard). Really nice they did this; make it so much easier to install tower speakers.

All my stuff (amps, speakers) is from WetSounds. You can't beat the Recons. They cost more but really make some noise. If you can, buy refurbished. You can save a bundle.

Good luck! Let me know if you need anything.

RodnAmy Tex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey man, one more question... the towers are only pre-wired for two speakers correct? If I wanted to add 4 instead of two id have to run another set of wires?

WillySwilly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Can I jump in for some answers LOL. I have a 2017 203 I just got and looking to add an amp. I’m confused on finding the remote wire and also figuring out rear/front line out and zone line out. Any guidance is much appreciated if this makes any since

WillySwilly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I’m just a little thrown off by it all as well as the sub and dual sub rca connector

mikewurz69

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I bought the wetsound speakers and have attached them to the tower. I found the wires that came off the tower and all the wires on the black box and am wondering how i hook them into the black box below the glove compartment. Where/how exactly do they hook into it?

mikewurz69

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I’m just a little thrown off by it all as well as the sub and dual sub rca connector
Can I jump in for some answers LOL. I have a 2017 203 I just got and looking to add an amp. I’m confused on finding the remote wire and also figuring out rear/front line out and zone line out. Any guidance is much appreciated if this makes any since
Were you ever able to get your amp and tower speakers hooked in? Currently i just tapped the tower wires into the speaker on the port side to get it to work. I still need to tap into the black box and do it the correct way.

mikewurz69

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I purchased a Wake-tower speaker system with amp for my 203 VRX. I was wondering if anyone else knew how to connect an aftermarket speaker and amp system to the Medallion Viper 2? I cant find any wiring schematics anywhere on the web!
Were ever able to get this to work? I bought the wet sound speakers and an Amp and can't find or figure out how to hook them in. Any help would be great.

mikewurz69

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi! I have the 223. All the amp and speaker connections are on the port side under the flip up storage area. There are RCA jacks to hook up to. They're all labeled to make things easy.

This is an example of what you may have. It should be similar but probably not exact.
View attachment 119065

I bought the wetsound speakers and have attached them to the tower. I found the wires that came off the tower and all the wires on the black box and am wondering how i hook them into the black box below the glove compartment. I also bought a Pyle Amp that I would like to hook up into the diagram you posted. Where/how exactly do they hook into it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The "mess' of wires are all tagged and will help with your install. I know I had a little trouble turning on the amp. Had to cut a wire from a connector to hook up the blue wire. I mounted my amp in the cuddy behind the glove box. Take your time and ask questions if you get stuck. Good luck!

mikewurz69

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The "mess' of wires are all tagged and will help with your install. I know I had a little trouble turning on the amp. Had to cut a wire from a connector to hook up the blue wire. I mounted my amp in the cuddy behind the glove box. Take your time and ask questions if you get stuck. Good luck!
Dean, Thanks for getting back to me. Below is the Amp that I bought and want to get hooked up. I am not the greatest when it comes to electrical stuff. So the tower speaker wire comes down on the side and has a connector on it with 4 wires, green, green black, purple and purple black. Looks like I should match up the colors to the amp. Now what do I do with the other wires, black, red and blue? Where did you hook them to on the black box? Any of them to the red and white line out connecters? I have a few ACC buttons that can be turned on on my dash to control the AMP? Did you use them? On the Viper II screen, how did you get the "Tower or Master controls" to be controlled by hooking into the black box? I also noticed on the internal speakers there were 2 wires connected to nothing. What are these used for? Picture is attached. Sorry for all the questions. I just want to get this hooked up correctly.

1624365324642.png
Speakers.jpeg

Cliff2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Other
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
if you use a blank ACC switch, you can switch off the amp in a second, without turning off the radio. that can be desireable at times.