• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Additional speakers in 2015 242 Limited S

nydave

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello All
I know there are tons a threads on speakers and i probably read them all. Want to add some sound so i can hear the music while driving the boat. Plan to replace all 6 stock speaker and add an amp but want to add 2 in the middle so i can hear when under way. Not looking for towers or for a floating dance club just something to give some sound to the middle without blasting anyone on bow out. I have seen pics of folks adding speakers by throttle levers and opposite side but it doesn't look like there is much room there.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

nydave

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
OK...I did more digging and i found a thread. think i have what i need.

Jores

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I was gonna suggest theres many threads on this- I did exactly what your proposing using a kicker 800w amp ans adding a sub and two "helm" speakers. Ended up running new speaker wires as well because the rear cabin and swim deck speakers are run in series. I did it over the coarse of the summer, adding the amp and the new speakers first and then spent a couple days wiring it all. Turned out great- plan carefully. John