• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adirondack Newbie

Famer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello Jetboaters!

Newbie here from upstate NY.

I don't have a boat yet, but am pretty much set on a jet boat. We have a place - including a dock - on a lake in the Adirondacks. Our dock is pretty shallow, and along with all the other advantages of a jet boat, we think a jet boat would be a great fit for our family. I'm fairly handy / mechanical, and from what I've read about maintenance, it seems manageable, which is great.

We still have one in college, so we probably won't be looking to purchase for a year or two, but between now and then I hope to learn a lot from this site and its members...and I promise to use the search function before asking a question that might have already been answered (numerous times, mostly likely). :)

Cheers,
Jim

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Jim.. welcome aboard! I’m originally from Schenectady and boated on Lake George for many years. You will find that this is a great forum with great people always willing to help in anyway they can. Good luck and let us know when you get your boat.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome Jim,

I used to fly helicopters in VT and got to do a lot of flying over the Adirondacks. What a beautiful area you have there, with some of the prettiest waters I’ve ever seen.

Like Patsfan said, these are some of the best people on the Internet. Some forums would jump down your throat for not using the Search function, but that’s not how it is here.

Everybody here either has, or is getting a boat, and people with boats are usually pretty fun and easy going. Especially when you’re talking about family-fun boats like jet’s have known to be.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello Jetboaters!

Newbie here from upstate NY.

I don't have a boat yet, but am pretty much set on a jet boat. We have a place - including a dock - on a lake in the Adirondacks. Our dock is pretty shallow, and along with all the other advantages of a jet boat, we think a jet boat would be a great fit for our family. I'm fairly handy / mechanical, and from what I've read about maintenance, it seems manageable, which is great.

We still have one in college, so we probably won't be looking to purchase for a year or two, but between now and then I hope to learn a lot from this site and its members...and I promise to use the search function before asking a question that might have already been answered (numerous times, mostly likely). :)

Cheers,
Jim
Welcome from Upstate Vermont.;)The West Coast of New England. Glad to have you Aboard. This is a great Forum, and you will see most of us are eager to suggest ways to spend your B.O.A.T. money, LOL.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Feel free to ask all the questions you want. Even if they've been answered 101 times.....we all like to talk about our boats, so you'll get tons of answers, and I've yet to see a single "Use the search noob" post on this board and I've been here about 3yrs now.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We still have one in college, so we probably won't be looking to purchase for a year or two,
Famous last words!!! I said the same, and had a boat about 3 months later. Lol!

Welcome!! No question is too small. :)

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Enjoy the search, I love looking at boats. Talk to people who have them and get feedback. When you are in no rush to buy you can also get a great deal, and your perfect boat. Get to know your dealer stop in and look at them, after a couple years of looking he will be happy and surprised when you buy one. In NY you can take your boating safety course And they put a anchor on your driving lic. If you plan on leaving it in a marina some have a waiting list and you may want to get on that for a slip by the time you get your boat.

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length