• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adjustable arm rest removal from YJB Captains seat

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For context this seat is from a 2017 AR240. I’m going to reupholster it and install it in my 2010 242LS. The upholstery shop I’m buying the skins from does not have the template for this seat so I have to send the original skins in to them for replication purposes.

I found the upholstery relatively easy to remove.
Start by removing the seat base, drill out the four rivets holding part of the upholstery to the frame and simply unclog the black plastic mounts on the leading edge of the upholstery. It’s held to the foam i various places, mainly in the creases between large parts of foam, by Velcro.

The hardest parts to remove are the arm rests. I tried for over an hour before finally deciding to cut the arm rest skins at the seams and the backrest skin up to the arm rest pivot point to better expose the arm rear pivot / mounting mechanism.

the seat back has to be in the up right position for things to align properly. Also, there are three positions for each arm rest. Two are operating positions and one is for installation and removal only.

Specifically, you can push the arm rest in at its pivot point to reduce the space between it and the other arm rest, this is position 1 and it only allows the arm rest to move 90 degrees between horizontal and vertical. Position 3 is reached by pulling the arm rest out at its pivot point, this expands the distance between the arm rests and again only allows it to move 90 degrees between horizontal and vertical.

The arm rests need to to be in position 2 to be removed or installed. Position two is literally between positions 1 and 3. Once you think the shaft is at position 2, lift the arm 45 degrees until it can’t be moved further nor can the pivot point be moved to positions 1 or 3 (I call this the choke/pinch/release point). From here simply, pull the arm rest up and to move the pin on the shaft to the other side of the choke point (a click should be felt and heard when this happens). Wiggle the are rest as you turn and pull out on it to align the pin with the opening and separate the arm rest from the seat frame. This opening in the frame is about 45 degrees past vertical towards the rear of the seat (or 135 degrees from the horizontal position of the arm rest).

I unsuccessfully looked here and on YouTube for instructions like this. Hopefully this post will help others out in the future.

D0CB8E4D-1A56-474E-BD06-FD9CFCF8609C.jpeg3319E79D-5CA3-4958-AEF0-88DAC560A48E.jpeg14C436B3-4803-40F9-BD12-09C0BAB4A14D.jpeg2A93C920-9CF1-4E55-9C4F-F049A3F558D9.jpegBED6ABDA-8A8C-4AE0-900B-E8C1C2C9D203.jpeg65F6DD52-C47C-4CF6-99D2-E02200FD165B.jpeg4DD536EB-6F0E-412E-8531-B8F59E9F4E02.jpegDA8E5E5B-89C4-46F0-99A3-4B526F31D150.jpeg

Last edited: