• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adjusting / Disconnecting throttle linkage at reverse bucket

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
For anyone with an E series boat , how can I keep my reverse buckets in the full closed (reverse) down position so as to adjust / disconnect the throttle linkage on top the reverse bucket. Almost impossible to get to in the normal engine off , batteries off position ? On my previous manual cable boat I just pulled the throttle levers back at any time. In reading the owners manual , the black box in storage area behind helm will raise them in case of BCU error but I want them down. May even need to pull the pumps in off season to install Lucky 13 cones ? Every time I stop engine and turn off battery switches they go back to pictured config.

Attachments

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I’m curious for you to get an answer to your question.

But, I’m also curious if it was St Patty’s day, from looking at the green water?!

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Lake Cumberland in the fall. Not exactly pristine water !!

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
On the box under the black cover behind the helm. You can set it to manual. Pry the two top covers odd and you can move the buckets.

I should have a pic...will try to find it.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Pull those two levers then Pop those two black covers off. Once in manual you can move the buckets down or slide the knobs under those black covers.

Attachments

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Great info , thanks @AlphaKap ! I was mistakenly under the impression that those were ONLY for emergency starting when the buckets were stuck ?