• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adjusting jet nozzles for surfing?

jaburt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did I hear on a review for the new X model Yamaha’s that the jet nozzles were slightly turned towards center to help with surf wake?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It is called Surf Point. It can be accomplished on any Yamaha. It will achieve only a slight improvement.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

geohil

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Question I couldn't find an answer to in the other threads - we know the HOW to adjust the pumps for those of us with aftermarket fins...but has anyone actually done it with TV's or Cobra's? Seems like it would really mess with steering especially at speed? Anyone try?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seems like it would really mess with steering especially at speed? Anyone try?
I don't see how. . . .unless you have cobras in the locked down position.

Otherwise they are flipped up out of the way at speed.

geohil

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
IMG_6872.JPG
I don't see how. . . .unless you have cobras in the locked down position.

Otherwise they are flipped up out of the way at speed.
Mega fangs - so they ride below the pump and are always in the water. Plus cobras (not the spring loaded ones) - and they are set at full down.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Question I couldn't find an answer to in the other threads - we know the HOW to adjust the pumps for those of us with aftermarket fins...but has anyone actually done it with TV's or Cobra's? Seems like it would really mess with steering especially at speed? Anyone try?
I have the Cobra AK with fangs and as @swatski mentioned above I did the half inch pointing the nozzles toward each other. No noticeable ill effects at speed with the Cobra fin which were always locked in the down position.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
View attachment 82824
Mega fangs - so they ride below the pump and are always in the water. Plus cobras (not the spring loaded ones) - and they are set at full down.
Yep I have the exact same Cobra setup! Jump in and give the adjustments a try!

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Have the cobra regular fins. Locked down and they’re good. Worked ok with surfpoint. However, the genius at West coast boat center in Rocklin, CA ........ I had my steering cable replaced under warranty. They set my jets at straight back. No surfpoint. I do I have a 2018 242x. When I called them on it after a week at home they said that the guy probably set it like a non-x boat. I mean wtf, this is your job. Complete lack of knowledge. Sh!theads.

geohil

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Guess I've gotten lucky with River City Boats in Oregon. Perfect set up of my X and some of the sales staff come and surf on their customers boats. Their service department is prompt and respond to every email - even if the questions we have are related to aftermarket parts.

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Guess I've gotten lucky with River City Boats in Oregon. Perfect set up of my X and some of the sales staff come and surf on their customers boats. Their service department is prompt and respond to every email - even if the questions we have are related to aftermarket parts.
PROOF- that there are good dealers. And proof that west coast boat center blows, at least the techs and management.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 82824
Touche. . . . Didn't think beyond the models I was familiar with. It's all about perspective.