• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Advice on wake surfing with a 203 Vortex VRX

Did I get the wrong boat?

• yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • no

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

sandra

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I am brand new to boating and wake surfing. Any advice on wake surfing with a 203 Vortex VRX?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What are some of your issues? Getting good wake surfing takes time. Finding the pocket takes time. Also you may have to add more ballast. Lets see some pics of your wave.....

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The main key is having fun trying !!!! Let's see some pics !!!

Skymonkey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Any luck on the 203 surfing? Just got mine and can't wait to surf behind it.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How much ballast do these boats come from the factory with and where is it at in the boat? I had a guy from Ronix tell me that their wedge thingy did work on chaparral boats but not the Yamahas.

Brian Long

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
A jet drive will cancel out most of the benefit of an aftermarket Ronix or any other wedge

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
A jet drive will cancel out most of the benefit of an aftermarket Ronix or any other wedge
Tested and proven on my Ronix thread. I did purchase one and it didn't work at all. It might work on a single engine Yamaha.

DesertVortex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Just played with different settings this weekend on my 243 vrx with factory balst and ASP. Got a really good surfable wave with all factory balast filled and 450 bag add to the bow foot area and an 850 bag more to the surf side along the back cockpit seat so part was blocking the walk through and the pelican cooler keeping it from rolling off and a flex wake shaper surf gate as far back as it can go. https://nauticurl.com/products/wakesurfing-flex-wake-shaper-surf-gate.