• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Advice Please? :-) ---> Wake Tower Speaker Install on 2016 AR190 -- Front or Back Bar Location?

chhcAR190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm struggling to find pics and/or conversation on which bar/tube to install the wake tower speakers? It appears most are installing them in the rear bar on other boats. On the 2016 Yamaha AR boats, the factory wake tower back/rear tube is smaller diameter and the front bar/tube has a larger diameter. I'm concerned about the speakers getting in the way of the Bimini top and/or when folding down for storage. Was was hoping someone out there in Yamaha jet-boat land has done it already and could steer me in the right direction!? :)

chhcAR190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sharp Boat! Thanks for the quick reply. So, no issues when folding the tower down for storage?

Devin Jensen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
When i fold it down for the winter i had to unscrew them and flip them upside down. not a huge deal takes about ten minutes to put them back, (i just did it about a week ago)

chhcAR190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK -- that makes sense. Thanks again for your reply -- it was a BIG help! :)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I could be way off but I believe the recommended bar is which ever bar doesn't fully disconnect when the tower is lowered. So if your tower folds forward and the rear bar releases it is recommended you use the front bar.

chhcAR190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for all the advice! Will post pics when done! :)

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I could be way off but I believe the recommended bar is which ever bar doesn't fully disconnect when the tower is lowered. So if your tower folds forward and the rear bar releases it is recommended you use the front bar.
The new forward swept towers are all one piece at the base. Undo two large screws and the whole assembly tilts forward on a bearing.

I suspect that either bar is fine, but you might have an easier installation if you use the bar that already has wires in it. Can't imagine trying to fish wires between the two bars!