• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Aft seat removal - how to?

YamahaCC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
06' SR210 - My starboard aft seat (that is fixed to the engine hatch) developed a tear in the vinyl this year where the piping is midway across the seat. The cover is always on the boat so the seats vinyl is like it came from the factory, so I would like to remove this piece and have it fixed over the winter.

I did an extremely quick look this morning and saw one bolt coming down into the foam on the top of the hatch. Can I assume this cushion has studs and I just need to remove the nuts to take it off? Does anyone know how many? Or if there any additional things that need to be done to remove it?

Thank you!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is the best I have of the naked hatch from when I installed Fatmat and new foam. There are washers and nuts on the bottom cushions; but I don’t remember them or see them for the seat backs. The wire loom and foil tape is the Wire harness I added for LED lights under those cushions.
2E762906-42E4-49D2-8A17-07BF488B5543.jpeg

YamahaCC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
This is the best I have of the naked hatch from when I installed Fatmat and new foam. There are washers and nuts on the bottom cushions; but I don’t remember them or see them for the seat backs. The wire loom and foil tape is the Wire harness I added for LED lights under those cushions.
Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for! Looking like just 3 nuts/washers to remove and the seat comes off.

YamahaCC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Took the seat off this afternoon, simple. As the photo shows above, just three studs. However, my studs were short compared to the ones in the photo as the threads barely extended past the nut. Mine did not have any washers either. Next step is to repair the vinyl, have until June for that though!

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad it worked out! A bit sad you have to wait until June up there. The mod season is much shorter down here and I never really stop using the boat....just a winter oil change and plugs to signify the end of one season and start of the next. But there is always another perk like snowmobiles that are nonexistent here.