• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

After market tower for Scarab 165

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Has anyone purchased an aftermarket wake tower for the Scarab 165? I want one with the cast base - like the scarab tower but their aren't many choices. The Monster HS1 is nice but it won't quite go small enough for the 165. Thought maybe I could modify it but looking for options that others have already installed. Any help is appreciated!!

Last edited:

Mike Parrent

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi Mike - Did you ever get this resolved? Looking into a HS1 for a 165 and thought it might fit.

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Yes!! I emailed monster and asked them. They said I could cut the side supports so they would slide in further. Ordered it. Made the cuts and it wasn’t quite enough. Cut a tad off each end of the top bar and it worked perfectly. Looks great. Will post pics.

Mike Parrent

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow - looks great and helped out a ton (not much literature on this topic). I’ll be headed down this route it seems. Thank you!

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
No problem and good luck. If you want some close up pics of anything let me know. I think I cut about 6 inches off each leg (was easy with a metal blade and reciprocating saw). Off the top piece I cut about two inches (I think) off each side. I then filed that nice and smooth cause it shows. The tower foot fits perfectly in the spot that the OEM tower would attach so other than cutting it was pretty easy to do.

Raylon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Yes!! I emailed monster and asked them. They said I could cut the side supports so they would slide in further. Ordered it. Made the cuts and it wasn’t quite enough. Cut a tad off each end of the top bar and it worked perfectly. Looks great. Will post pics.
Mike, the wakeboard tower looks great! I am thinking of purchasing a used 2016 165G and am wondering exactly what you had to cut off to make it work. I'm not sure what you mean by side supports, any pictures showing what you did would be awesome!

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I don't have those specific pictures but let me describe it. The tower is made up of three pieces. There is a top bar and two side pieces. The two side pieces are L shaped and slide inside of the top bar. Once you get in positioned right you drill holes and secure the top bar to the side bars.

So the first thing you need to do is cut the two side bars to make them shorter on the top - the part that slides into the top bar. These cuts don't show since the are inside. If you don't cut them they won't slide in far enough - the ends basically hit each other inside of the top bar. I would say I took off about 12" on each.

The second thing that you need to do is cut each end of the top bar by just an inch or two. If you don't do this, the side pieces still won't slide in far enough because the place where they bend hits the sides of the top bar. This cut shows so it needs to be done carefully and then filed. It was not difficult but I was a little careful about it to ensure it was straight.

That's about it. I hope it helps.

rahwho quid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Hi Mike, where did you buy your tower? Seems like Monster Tower does not carry it anymore. Thanks.

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi Mike, where did you buy your tower? Seems like Monster Tower does not carry it anymore. Thanks.
You should call up monster towers and ask. It seems that they stopped selling them as some manufacturers like bayliner are using them on their boats. I purchased an hs1 tower from a member here who sold his boat. When i went to monsters website to order the bimini top I noticed they removed the HS1 tower but I was able to call them and order it over the phone .

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I bought my tower from onlyinboards.com

I don't see it on their site anymore either. It was a year ago.

Mzrecruitment88

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Did you end up finding an after market tower? I just got a scarab 165 2019 and next step is tower.