• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Aftermarket cover 12-18 SX190

AuburnVFR

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone found a decent aftermarket cover for the SX190? Older threads only bring up the $$$ OEM covers and how great they are, but I need a more budget friendly solution for now. I tried a few generic ones, but they do not fit right. The main issue seems to be the shape of the bow. The generic ones appear to be made for a traditional V shaped bow and there is not enough width up front to accommodate the wider semi-pickle fork type bow on 190s.

I tried the Seamander brand on Amazon. The 17-19' size was just too small to work length and bow width wise. The 20-22' size barely covered the width of the bow, but had extensive amount of overhang on both ends where water will pool. I now have a different cover from Budge, which claims a guaranteed fit for the year, make, model. It fits lengthwise but will not cover the width of the bow.

Attachments

AuburnVFR

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, I am happy to report that Budge Covers stood by their fit guarantee and sent a replacement that fits. While it does not fit like a glove as the $700 Yamaha covers do, it appears to be a viable sub-$200 alternative with a 7 year warranty (have not read the fine print). I’ll call it a win anyway.

Cover# B-1211-X5
0E18B27E-1274-471E-9E7A-94B605FF1A6F.jpeg3A9B2949-12C4-4EC1-80A0-47859C0953DB.jpeg

The long story:

The cover that their website generates as a guaranteed fit is B-1201-X5 (for a gray 1200 denier cover). It is for a standard V shaped 18-20’ bowrider. This one does not fit, as shown in the original post. I explained to the customer service rep (Phil 👍🏻) that the SX190 has a more pickle-fork bow which caused the cover not to fit in the bow and sent him the pictures. He gave a few options on different sizes, but also said they had one with the same length and width, but for a more square bow, which is what I needed. I had to cut the tag from the original cover and mail it back to them before they sent the replacement. The square bow replacement, B-1211-X5 pictured in this post, fits without too much excess overhang, and pulls taught enough that it may not pool with the OEM shipping cover poles. I have not rain tested yet, but if there is a pooling issue I can solve that with some PVC framework or beach balls. I even have the original non-fitting cover to sell, give away, or do whatever with since they only wanted the tag back.

Caveats:
*I’m wouldn’t tow with this cover on, but that is not an issue for me.

*The fit guarantee only applies if you order the one their website generates when you enter year/make/model. It still currently generates the B-1201-X5 (for gray 1200 denier) which did not fit. You may be able to talk with customer service and modify it before ordering to get the correct size the first time, but that is speculation on my part.

*Their email system is terrible and does re-posts of prior emails, including the multiple prior re-posts in the conversation.

Last edited:

AC2002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2018 cover to sell.

AuburnVFR

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Perhaps you should start your own thread in the classifieds...